Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missing Dual Wield Combat Course

Started by ActionJackson [1690592] on in Bugs & Issues.

13 replies · 593 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×5 ActionJackson [1690592] ×2 Krachas [65501] ×1 Beerstein [1322136] ×1

ActionJackson [1690592]

Hello Ched, all,

Here's my minor but of course annoying bug:

I have finished the Combat Training (CBT) courses along with the bachelor's degree. The education screen below shows 11/12 complete. The 12th being the dual wield melee course, which was traditionally visible, even if not unlocked, tacked on below the bachelor's course. I had also finished the Ninja Legacy (maybe that's what is was called?) where you fought Kineshi at dawn with Nerf swords and then the two of you formed the Power Rangers Ninja Megazord, which unlocked the dual wield course.

Before RESPO.

Then, after I tried to join the course, it told me I was missing a mission. False. It didn't much matter anyway since all the missions besides George are locked right now. Reported this.

Now: no visible course whatsoever in figure two below.

Used Dolphin Browser and Chrome on a Galaxy s5 running Snickerdoodle.

Also IE 11

http://oi61.tinypic.com/v8he1l.jpg


http://oi61.tinypic.com/2nbgf3n.jpg






oilslick [1656429]

I'm in the same boat. Completed "Operation Ninja" and all the pre-requisite courses but got the same message " Missing a mission" (see screenshot). I assume the course caption/link was removed by the Devs. to avoid further complaint and it is on their list of things to do.

I was a bit miffed at the time that I couldn't get to do it after spending the last 4 months working towards it but hey its only a minor inconvenience and I'll just do other courses until it comes back on stream. Devs/Admin team thanks for all your hard work. :)

[image: i58.tinypic.com]
Chaos_Greg [46203]

This has most certainly something to do with the missions not being available in RESPO.
Not too sure if ched would have a short term solution or if it needs to wait for missions to be reopened first.

Confirming for Ched so he can have a look.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The mission and education is completely removed for now. I don't see this as a huge deal, because completing the mission was a very small step in comparison to the payment required to start the education. I'm sure these dual melee weapons will return at some point for an equivalent cost, I'm just not sure where yet.
Krachas [65501]
Chedburn [1]The mission and education is completely removed for now. I don't see this as a huge deal, because completing the mission was a very small step in comparison to the payment required to start the education. I'm sure these dual melee weapons will return at some point for an equivalent cost, I'm just not sure where yet.

Well, with ISTC BB you could get the duals for free :/

Mentions: Chedburn [1]

ActionJackson [1690592]
Krachas [65501]
Chedburn [1]The mission and education is completely removed for now. I don't see this as a huge deal, because completing the mission was a very small step in comparison to the payment required to start the education. I'm sure these dual melee weapons will return at some point for an equivalent cost, I'm just not sure where yet.

Well, with ISTC BB you could get the duals for free :/

Exactly my point, my good man, I've got millions in ISTC... now apparently for nothing.

Ched, this isn't right. A $50 million course or a huge amount spent on stocks still beats $250 million duals in the marketplace. I grinded for those things and saw it as a graduation in the game. And I was denied this prize however "not a big deal" it was to you because I started my education too late by a matter of weeks?

Let's talk real life for a minute, Ched. My recurring real-life yearly subscription isn't cheap by any means and I thought it might afford me some purchase in this fictitious realm. No? That's just shabby.

If your subscribers are brushed off as easily as your freeloaders then your empire is forfeit, have no doubt.

Mentions: Chedburn [1] · Krachas [65501]

Beerstein [1322136]
Chedburn [1]The mission and education is completely removed for now. I don't see this as a huge deal, because completing the mission was a very small step in comparison to the payment required to start the education. I'm sure these dual melee weapons will return at some point for an equivalent cost, I'm just not sure where yet.

There's still a bug here in that the education block itself shows for me 11/12 educations completed even though it's been removed. (unless this has been fixed since the OP)

Mentions: Chedburn [1]

ActionJackson [1690592]

Warning - your PayPal subscription agreement has been cancelled. PayPal ID X-XXXXXXXXXXXX. 2014/07/16 02:08 PM

Well, that's that. I think H0b0 Wars and CrAzY in particular need some hard currency. Maybe they can implement subscriptions too.

Pax Christi



Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
ActionJackson [1690592]Warning - your PayPal subscription agreement has been cancelled. PayPal ID X-XXXXXXXXXXXX. 2014/07/16 02:08 PM

Well, that's that. I think H0b0 Wars and CrAzY in particular need some hard currency. Maybe they can implement subscriptions too.

Pax Christi




Thank you for your custom.

Mentions: ActionJackson [1690592]

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Beerstein [1322136]
Chedburn [1]The mission and education is completely removed for now. I don't see this as a huge deal, because completing the mission was a very small step in comparison to the payment required to start the education. I'm sure these dual melee weapons will return at some point for an equivalent cost, I'm just not sure where yet.

There's still a bug here in that the education block itself shows for me 11/12 educations completed even though it's been removed. (unless this has been fixed since the OP)

Thanks, I have resolved this, it'll be in the next patch.

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Chedburn [1]

Tarelli [1060371]
Chedburn [1]
ActionJackson [1690592]Warning - your PayPal subscription agreement has been cancelled. PayPal ID X-XXXXXXXXXXXX. 2014/07/16 02:08 PM

Well, that's that. I think H0b0 Wars and CrAzY in particular need some hard currency. Maybe they can implement subscriptions too.

Pax Christi




Thank you for your custom.

What exactly do people think Chedburn is going to say when they tell him they're unsubscribing. Do they think he's going to beg and cry.

Threatening to subscribe to another game is funny to, I really don't think he gives a shit.

Mentions: ActionJackson [1690592] · Chedburn [1]

flufffy [494285]

You can use them without the course, the course has been permanently removed, 2 years ago. You can buy them in the market/bazaars. But you probably knew that [:smiley:]