Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TORN Anecdotes

Started by Desastrez [648920] on in General Discussion.

21 replies · 363 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

1035358 [1035358] ×6 FatJonnie [679899] ×5 Kim [582646] ×2 Scotty [531427] ×1 APOLLO [862724] ×1

Desastrez [648920]

I've been playing this game for over six years, and even though I've had a rather uneventful life in Torn, I've had a few experiences that I do remember.

I used to spend a lot of time in IRC, several years ago. Recently, someone mailed me like "Aren't you Nicole from that chatroom in IRC?" and I vaguely remembered that person. I remember my online best friend getting fedded for a reason I still don't know, never finding a stat enhancer, and losing half a billion to blackjack.

What about you? What are the moments you'll remember most of this game, when it won't exist anymore?
Bugz [1530481]

I was like 100 days old, bountied 24/7 , I was a silly newb, a noob and broke as a rat ( I still am today :P) I just finished the Psychology Bachelor, I clicked on it and I noticed I got 2 events and I couldn't believed my eyes when one of the events says
You found an Egyptian Amulet while walking around the city!. I went to my Item list and there it was...I was like Holy Pizza, what em gonna do with it?..in short, I kept it for a while, took a History course, unlocked the museum, I traded it with points, bought a bazaar, display case, lots of meds, some drugs, a large suitcase and banked the rest of the money, the rest is history..by the way I found another one in February 2014 and this time I'm keeping it :P
Klisto [1602878]
scottay18 [531427]
Blitzburgh [582646]I wasted a lot of time in torn doing nothing,I should take xanax from the first day.


Yea.

Totally agree

Mentions: Kim [582646] · Scotty [531427]

Noc [1662321]

being staffed and fedded multiple times getting mail banned forum banned chat banned multiple times all the nudes sent and recieved lol meeting up with a load of me faccy mates for beers in london flooding the pizza hut before we got there stealing shit from the bar for a windup / mini competition we had goin all standing about pissing up the wall next to new scotland yard and bungling back to the hotel / unloading all the nicked gear on the owner and being bribed to restart again with a tray of tequila shots / sending tons of penis myhedins way every opportunity and then theres always having the conversations and refering to ppl as mate as you apparently insulted them / talked to them for hours while drunkenly chaining and having f**k all memory of it / waking up to some diplomatic drama youve caused between factions when drunk and just lol'in
FatJonnie [679899]

Getting all my friends together to use the special at the fireworks stand to zero factions. We were the first to do it and it sent a panic to all the factions with very little respect saved up. All in all i think we wiped out 6 factions before Ched changed the rules to not allow that to happen anymore.

When they have to change the rules because of the way you play the game, you know you had an impact.
1035358 [1035358]

Being bountied 24/7 for 6 months solid and only having 10 morph and $100k at the start which I eventually turned into hundreds of millions buying and selling morph and buying and selling warring factions. By the end of the bounties I controlled easily 95% of the morph trade in hosp, I raised the price of morph on the items market from 15k to 55k at one point and kept it there for about a month by constantly morphing out and buying up all the cheap morphs and then selling them in hosp for upwards of 60k each. It was easy to do at the time because there was no med cool down so people use to eat them like smarties and no bazaars so I was the only person who could supply 500 at a moments notice and that really was a constant request because warring was different in those days too.

Factions also had peaceful status and couldn't be warred with but the minute they declared war on another faction they lost peaceful status and could never go back so you'd see loads of noobs buy factions and declare on other much larger factions and get slaughtered so after a few weeks of that were willing to sell their factions for a fraction of the price. I'd buy them up, kick all the members, strip the armories and because of the bounties no one could attack me so after 3 days of no attacks the wars would end and the war base would be clear and I'd sell it on for 10 times what I paid

I actually felt weird after the bounties eventually ended, I was so use to the white screen and my constant income that I genuinely didn't know what to do with myself, I swear it was like Red from the Shawshank Redemption, I just became institutionalized[:laughing:]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Being bountied 24/7 for 6 months solid and only having 10 morph and $100k at the start which I eventually turned into hundreds of millions buying and selling morph and buying and selling warring factions. By the end of the bounties I controlled easily 95% of the morph trade in hosp, I raised the price of morph on the items market from 15k to 55k at one point and kept it there for about a month by constantly morphing out and buying up all the cheap morphs and then selling them in hosp for upwards of 60k each. It was easy to do at the time because there was no med cool down so people use to eat them like smarties and no bazaars so I was the only person who could supply 500 at a moments notice and that really was a constant request because warring was different in those days too.


I find this very hard to believe. Especially since i know for a fact that another person was responsible for the dramatic rise in morphine prices at the time. Maybe you capitalized on the rising prices but i assure everyone you are not the only reason why morphine went up to 55k a piece. I call shenanigans on your claim.

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358]

1035358 [1035358]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Being bountied 24/7 for 6 months solid and only having 10 morph and $100k at the start which I eventually turned into hundreds of millions buying and selling morph and buying and selling warring factions. By the end of the bounties I controlled easily 95% of the morph trade in hosp, I raised the price of morph on the items market from 15k to 55k at one point and kept it there for about a month by constantly morphing out and buying up all the cheap morphs and then selling them in hosp for upwards of 60k each. It was easy to do at the time because there was no med cool down so people use to eat them like smarties and no bazaars so I was the only person who could supply 500 at a moments notice and that really was a constant request because warring was different in those days too.


I find this very hard to believe. Especially since i know for a fact that another person was responsible for the dramatic rise in morphine prices at the time. Maybe you capitalized on the rising prices but i assure everyone you are not the only reason why morphine went up to 55k a piece. I call shenanigans on your claim.

Trust me love I was solely responsible for it, I supplied morph bulk to most of the warring factions at one point or another and because trade scamming was rife at the time (there were no trade checks in place) most people preferred to trade with me, add to that the fact that I gave credit of up to 100 morph to people I trusted if they didn't have the cash to hand I had a massive customer base through word of mouth alone so could well afford to do it and even more so was bored enough, your friend may have done it once for a day just to see if he could but the time they stayed there for a while was all down to me.

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358] · FatJonnie [679899]

FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Being bountied 24/7 for 6 months solid and only having 10 morph and $100k at the start which I eventually turned into hundreds of millions buying and selling morph and buying and selling warring factions. By the end of the bounties I controlled easily 95% of the morph trade in hosp, I raised the price of morph on the items market from 15k to 55k at one point and kept it there for about a month by constantly morphing out and buying up all the cheap morphs and then selling them in hosp for upwards of 60k each. It was easy to do at the time because there was no med cool down so people use to eat them like smarties and no bazaars so I was the only person who could supply 500 at a moments notice and that really was a constant request because warring was different in those days too.


I find this very hard to believe. Especially since i know for a fact that another person was responsible for the dramatic rise in morphine prices at the time. Maybe you capitalized on the rising prices but i assure everyone you are not the only reason why morphine went up to 55k a piece. I call shenanigans on your claim.

Trust me love I was solely responsible for it, I supplied morph bulk to most of the warring factions at one point or another and because trade scamming was rife at the time (there were no trade checks in place) most people preferred to trade with me, add to that the fact that I gave credit of up to 100 morph to people I trusted if they didn't have the cash to hand I had a massive customer base through word of mouth alone so could well afford to do it and even more so was bored enough, your friend may have done it once for a day just to see if he could but the time they stayed there for a while was all down to me.

Sorry babe. It wasn't a friend. It was me and it took about 3-4 months. Say what you want to who ever you want but i know what really happened.


Mentions: 1035358 [1035358] · FatJonnie [679899]

1035358 [1035358]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Being bountied 24/7 for 6 months solid and only having 10 morph and $100k at the start which I eventually turned into hundreds of millions buying and selling morph and buying and selling warring factions. By the end of the bounties I controlled easily 95% of the morph trade in hosp, I raised the price of morph on the items market from 15k to 55k at one point and kept it there for about a month by constantly morphing out and buying up all the cheap morphs and then selling them in hosp for upwards of 60k each. It was easy to do at the time because there was no med cool down so people use to eat them like smarties and no bazaars so I was the only person who could supply 500 at a moments notice and that really was a constant request because warring was different in those days too.


I find this very hard to believe. Especially since i know for a fact that another person was responsible for the dramatic rise in morphine prices at the time. Maybe you capitalized on the rising prices but i assure everyone you are not the only reason why morphine went up to 55k a piece. I call shenanigans on your claim.

Trust me love I was solely responsible for it, I supplied morph bulk to most of the warring factions at one point or another and because trade scamming was rife at the time (there were no trade checks in place) most people preferred to trade with me, add to that the fact that I gave credit of up to 100 morph to people I trusted if they didn't have the cash to hand I had a massive customer base through word of mouth alone so could well afford to do it and even more so was bored enough, your friend may have done it once for a day just to see if he could but the time they stayed there for a while was all down to me.

Sorry babe. It wasn't a friend. It was me and it took about 3-4 months. Say what you want to who ever you want but i know what really happened.

you think what you like too there love but when I did it it didn't take me anywhere near 3 to 4 months, it pretty much took me 3 to 4 days to mess with the morph market because I was able to sell it on pretty much instantly, hell at the time I was even bulk selling morph to some of the really big investment scammers like Scooby Doo, he was one of my best customers actually because if he had no cash on hand I'd send him a mils worth of morph and he'd always pay me back, he'd easily go through 10 mil in morph a day on bounties, that guys business alone paid for my first palace and kept me in DP's and the funny thing was I was also selling morph in bulk to the factions that were bountying him lol happy days

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358] · FatJonnie [679899]

FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]
FatJonnie [679899]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Being bountied 24/7 for 6 months solid and only having 10 morph and $100k at the start which I eventually turned into hundreds of millions buying and selling morph and buying and selling warring factions. By the end of the bounties I controlled easily 95% of the morph trade in hosp, I raised the price of morph on the items market from 15k to 55k at one point and kept it there for about a month by constantly morphing out and buying up all the cheap morphs and then selling them in hosp for upwards of 60k each. It was easy to do at the time because there was no med cool down so people use to eat them like smarties and no bazaars so I was the only person who could supply 500 at a moments notice and that really was a constant request because warring was different in those days too.


I find this very hard to believe. Especially since i know for a fact that another person was responsible for the dramatic rise in morphine prices at the time. Maybe you capitalized on the rising prices but i assure everyone you are not the only reason why morphine went up to 55k a piece. I call shenanigans on your claim.

Trust me love I was solely responsible for it, I supplied morph bulk to most of the warring factions at one point or another and because trade scamming was rife at the time (there were no trade checks in place) most people preferred to trade with me, add to that the fact that I gave credit of up to 100 morph to people I trusted if they didn't have the cash to hand I had a massive customer base through word of mouth alone so could well afford to do it and even more so was bored enough, your friend may have done it once for a day just to see if he could but the time they stayed there for a while was all down to me.

Sorry babe. It wasn't a friend. It was me and it took about 3-4 months. Say what you want to who ever you want but i know what really happened.

you think what you like too there love but when I did it it didn't take me anywhere near 3 to 4 months, it pretty much took me 3 to 4 days to mess with the morph market because I was able to sell it on pretty much instantly, hell at the time I was even bulk selling morph to some of the really big investment scammers like Scooby Doo, he was one of my best customers actually because if he had no cash on hand I'd send him a mils worth of morph and he'd always pay me back, he'd easily go through 10 mil in morph a day on bounties, that guys business alone paid for my first palace and kept me in DP's and the funny thing was I was also selling morph in bulk to the factions that were bountying him lol happy days

You bought up 50,000 morphine in 3-4 days? You brought the price up from 18-19k all the way up to 50k in 3-4 days?Thats a lot of clicking.
It took me a month just to get the price to stabilize at 35k

Mentions: 1035358 [1035358] · FatJonnie [679899]

Jai [918327]

I remember creating a multiple account so that I could get fedded for a long time and quit the game.

Needless to say my main account [this one] was fedded for only a week because I confessed and only exchanged like $50,000 between accounts. And that is why I couldn't quit.