Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Wrong message in trade

Started by Chaos_Greg [46203] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 80 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Chaos_Greg [46203] ×2 bogie [148747] ×1

Chaos_Greg [46203]

This is being a tad picky on the details:
As you can see in the message below:
HairyHarry started the trade.
However I got the event of the started trade while the message says 'they'.
The other person will only get a message when you confirm the trade. The initiator of the trade doesn't get an event upon starting the trade.

=> should be trade has been initiated by hairyHarry, you received an event.
Or
=> Hairyharry initiated the trade, they will receive an event when you confirm the trade.

[image: i.gyazo.com]
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Thanks, I fixed it so that the message only appears for the user who created the trade, and only on the first view. But there seems to be an extra HRthere when the message is not shown. I'm going to pass this over to Sergey.

There seems to be quite a few minor issues with trade. I saw that I was unable to "Post" new messages after a while for some reason. Clicked post but nothing would happen at all.

And adding more than one type of item at once seemed to give me a strange log in the shout box. It said I'd added x4 and then x6 at the same time, but actually it was either "x4 and x2"... or preferably just a single "x6".

[image: i.gyazo.com]
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Chaos_Greg [46203]This is his screen (which is correct)
[image: i.imgur.com]


Greg is a noob, confirmed by Greg.




On topic though. Another issue I noticed when in a trade. After posting a message in the trade box, every time I hit the 'refresh' button on the trade itself (Not my browser) it added a blank message to the trade conversation log.

Mentions: Chaos_Greg [46203]

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
bogie [148747]
Chaos_Greg [46203]This is his screen (which is correct)
[image: i.imgur.com]


Greg is a noob, confirmed by Greg.




On topic though. Another issue I noticed when in a trade. After posting a message in the trade box, every time I hit the 'refresh' button on the trade itself (Not my browser) it added a blank message to the trade conversation log.

Good to know! Looks like we forgot to properly test the trade system.

Mentions: bogie [148747] · Chaos_Greg [46203]

Night_Beast [1633346]

Yes,thatissueisabsolutelytrue.Also Ilikedtheoldtradesystemthanthisthatis,whenblockbenefitsareadded,itusedtocolourupwereasnowitdoesn'tandbecauseofwhichMANY people gotscammedincludingastaffifI'mnotwrong.Butnow I thinkpeopleareawareofsuchscams,I'mnotsureas Ican'tseemuchofsuchscammersthesedays.