Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Poetry

Started by xMrPink [221113] on in Art & Literature.

14 replies · 122 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
xMrPink [221113]

Just a thread to discuss poetry, favourite poems/books or any you are currently studying.

Personally, i'm a fan of Ginsberg poetry, but i find myself torn between America and Sunflower Sutra.

I have a general fondness of Beat poetry, but currently find myself studying Pastoral literature including Blake's Songs Of Innocence and of Experience (as well as Tess Of The d'Urbervilles, She Stoops To Conquer and As You Like It). I find it interesting to see Pastoral's influence in more contempary literature. Poems like Sunflower Sutra sharing direct links to Blake's poetry for example. (which also makes it more fun to study for me lol)
LethalKiss [1801948]

Mine is older. Did you know Haku.
I write and ask my ingame spouse to write some for me.
I always keep it. It keep me content while I'm working way... from my family.
^_^
I will try this one.
"Ginsberg poetry"
Share more okay.

Ps. Have you write your own poem. Will you share it here.
Lady_Anne [217328]

I loved poetry when I was younger. Will always remember this Haiku : (helps the optimism in hard times)

Since my house burned down,
I now own a better view
of the rising moon.


Renagard [1861213]

My hands are sticky.
I think it's someone's lost blood!
No, wait...it's chocolate.
Hence [1874068]

Any fans of Leonard Cohen? I found him through his music, but it wasn't long before I got into his written works. Reading him has made me a better writer. His sense of emotion is profound and his ability to put it all into words is something I can only aspire to.