What strengthprogram / routine are you doing right now?
Are you training for a sport or are you training just for fun?
Personally i train for football (american football) so i do alot of olympic lifts.
I also work as a personal trainer and strength/conditioning coach so if anyone would like some help, just mail me or post in here :)
Your Strength Program
Started by mOsSieFieD [479105] on in Health & Fitness.
About this thread
Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 43
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 10 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
SheReaper [1587410] ×2 Lasky [1718783] ×1 JaqenGrey [1859490] ×1
I'm on a pretty basic push/pull strength routine I created. Nothing fancy just the major compound lifts with a few accessories thrown in. I've been thinking about getting into olympic lifting for some time now but there are no good coaches or gyms in my area. I've got a good squat so I think I'd be good at it.
After i had my spine operation i came back into training doing 5x5 (google it) my strength came on leaps and bounds with that program and i did it for 4 months.
@Artiq.... i oly lift, clean and jerks/snatches mainly, i would highly recommend getting into it, unless yo want to compete you don't really need a coach, a good gym pt/instructor can give you the basics, the rest can be picked up from youtube etc.
Before my back operation i was always about bodybuilding,since than and turning 40 its all about strength/function/flexibility so my training revolves around that, i bring a lot of Crossfit style principles into my workouts and explosive moves, at 6,4,110kg and long levers i find a few things a challenge to do sometimes but its all about enjoying it i find and seeing results.
Iv'e just started going back to the gym after a two month absence and I feel horrible. I'll have to try that 5x5 workout routine to try and get my strength back!
Downloaded the app onto my phone already ;)
Currently doing that routine but pulled a shoulder muscle so out of it for now
Seems to be doing the job well enough but not sure what I should do for a bit of cardio, Just been riding bicycles at the moment. Any suggestions?
How bad is your shoulder? Swimming is great for fitness, and it's low impact. If you can't do it now, you should definitely go once you've recovered. Get those speedos out!!
Should be ok in a few days I guess just awkward to turn my head at the moment
I can swim fine just dislike it lol
Regret [1718783]Iv'e just started going back to the gym after a two month absence and I feel horrible. I'll have to try that 5x5 workout routine to try and get my strength back!
Downloaded the app onto my phone already ;)
Yeah strong lifts is a good program, especially if you have some prior experience and want to gain some strength. Its between that and 5/3/1 for my favorite strength programs.
Mentions: Lasky [1718783]
Just completed my first 5x5 workout, it was good except for the fact that I went up in 5kilo increments per squat set, without realizing that i was supposed to add weight gradually each session >.
And wap some armbands on Rekk! ;)
what is a 5x5 workout? interested. I'm not currently using any program just doing my own thing. lol LOTS of squats, single leg dumbbell rows, step ups w/ bicep curls, different lunges, dolphin planks etc, using weights for anything I can. Would love any tips though especially on good food to help with the muscle building.
SheReaper [1587410]what is a 5x5 workout? interested. I'm not currently using any program just doing my own thing. lol LOTS of squats, single leg dumbbell rows, step ups w/ bicep curls, different lunges, dolphin planks etc, using weights for anything I can. Would love any tips though especially on good food to help with the muscle building.
Google 5x5, can get the app for iphone/android, 3 workouts a week ( i added bits in on other days such as road biking and abs etc)
Mentions: SheReaper [1587410]
SheReaper [1587410]what is a 5x5 workout? interested. I'm not currently using any program just doing my own thing. lol LOTS of squats, single leg dumbbell rows, step ups w/ bicep curls, different lunges, dolphin planks etc, using weights for anything I can. Would love any tips though especially on good food to help with the muscle building.
A 5x5 program is a program that revolves around exercises that are performed in a 5 set by 5 rep scheme.. Its a pretty common program for barbell training, especially for beginners and strength athletes. 5x5 usually refers to Stronglifts 5x5 which is the most popular 5x5 routine. Google it. There are other 5x5 programs out there as well.
Mentions: SheReaper [1587410]
thank you both :)
Hey mate,
Well i am a msc engineering student so sports was always a master hobby for me ^^
I played american football for 4 years, was a part-time personal trainer, i still give boot camp classes, fitness coaching and basic nutrition coaching. I also do survival sports. I was looking for someone to discuss couple things.
If you are also interested please do pm me.
Cheers,
TK
I've been on and off working out since I was 14 but found it hard to gain any mass as I tended towards a lean figure. Since going away for university and eating a lot of pies and actually maintaining my gym time. I started on the 'ice cream' workout (google if needed) and that was really helpful to me! I am now on an adapted version where I do upper body and lower on separate days, followed by a rest day and then repeat.
Starting to see some gains and my squats went from 20kg (yes your grandmother could have done that and annoyingly I am a fairly big guy (tall and broad)) and now at ~70kg.
Still got a long way to go but the 'ice cream' workout gave me a good foundation!
SL5x5 without Medhi is amazing. Just don't become one of his arse licker followers xD
Redacted.
I started to train cause well let me face it, I got like um well very damn fat from mah vacation and well I was never really concerned about my weight before xD And then met a boxer who said he needed to get back into shpe and would hep me, he kept me on a strict diet and pushed me to train a lot for about a month or 2 and then had to leave cause of a major opportunity. . .
I adore sports and try to keep active, I've kept going to gym and since the beginning of Jan I lost about 15kgs :D
Recently got tendonitis in my shoulder so I wasn't able to train for a good while but I'm back into gym now :) I used to hate exercise but I'm at an awesome gym with a kickass and lively enviroment so I try go to gym at least twice a week, I don't push myself as hard as I should most days but I've managed to stay fit and keep a lot of weight off :)
Only problem is that I don't know what to train or what exercises to do or even what focuses on what so I normally run, row and do some classes if I have the chance. . . I'm also not on anything to aid with gym or weight loss because I have no idea what would be best >.
I was quite fit from hockey and training all the time but I got sick and then tendonitis so no gym for a bit over a month went back and almost died xD
I have a good workout I can scan in and share for wrestling.
If you wouldn't mind I would love to see your football workout maybe I could adjust some things in mine to overall improve the quality of the workout.
Right now I just used what my coach had given me last season although I am looking for a few variations to some of the lifts.
Just finished using the west side barbell conjugate system anyone used it?