Next year I'll be going to college in another city and I don't want to take my PC with me. So I am looking to purchase a portable device to help me with my work. I never owned a tablet so I don't know how they perform compared to a laptop. On the other side laptops are bulkier and more prone to malfunction. So, what do you guys think? Laptop or tablet?
Tablet vs Laptop
Started by Ciuperca [1316546] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Next year I'll be going to college in another city and I don't want to take my PC with me. So I am looking to purchase a portable device to help me with my work. I never owned a tablet so I don't know how they perform compared to a laptop. On the other side laptops are bulkier and more prone to malfunction. So, what do you guys think? Laptop or tablet?
Personally, I'd definitely get a laptop if I were going to college. Tablets are great but it's easy to miss the flexibility.
.
There are some good add-ons for tablets these day's....for less than a 100euro you can get a cheepo tablet with a small keyboard and case. But like the other guy's said, laptops are far more versatile.
You could always go down the middle and get a netbook!
There are some pretty thin ultra books out there. For school stuff I would defiantly go with a laptop, even if you do most of your work in a computer lab. Some times it's nice to head to the library for some quite and write up reports/essays there.
Thanks for the feedback! I think I made my choice.[:smiley:]
Good cosyou'dregrettaking the tablet sinceit'snot toocompatiblewitheverything
I'd go with an ultrabook or a tablet that has an easy add-on keyboard option such as the Surface Pro 3. I could go into all sorts of reasons why each one has benefits and downs, but sounds like you already figured it out.
no way jose, tablet can't get close to laptop.
For college? DEFINITELY the laptop. You won't be able to run your standard programs that you might need for college on a tablet. Of course you can probably use your college comps to do your work, but it's a pain.
Tablets are more for internet, reading, skyping, emails, that sort of thing. Not so much for word, excel, photoshop, whatever else you might need for your degree.
You can get Tablet Bundles anymore.
Like Microsoft Surface Pro 11 Bundle.
Which includes Windows 11, a Spical Pen that lets You Write and Draw on the Surface or Screen of the Surface Pro, and a Detachable Keyboard.
And the Surface Pro it’s Self has 2 sepert USB-C Ports on the Left side of it as the Screen Faces You.
So You can use Any kind of USB-C Preherphel with it.
It is also Smaller than a Notebook Computer and has Microsoft 360 or 365 or whatever it is called.
It has Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Copilot to.