I recently changed factions for some guest chaining (2days ago I think) My faction chat worked while I was in mercs but now its gone in the drunk tank. Is this because I haven't been in this faction long enough or is there a problem with my chat? I have all chats enabled but there is no Faction chat to turn on in the settings.
Faction chat
Started by TrAsH_FiSh [692571] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 47 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Mauk [1494436]
· 3 likes ·
Alright! For those of you without Faction or Company chat, I found out a way to fix it on the client-side while they don't fix it from the server. All you have to do is run a little script. For …
I recently changed factions for some guest chaining (2days ago I think) My faction chat worked while I was in mercs but now its gone in the drunk tank. Is this because I haven't been in this faction long enough or is there a problem with my chat? I have all chats enabled but there is no Faction chat to turn on in the settings.
I have the same problem... I think if you join a faction since respo you cant join faction chat maybe? I have been in the faction for 11 days now so I am pretty sure its a bug rather than a feature.
Same here.
Alright! For those of you without Faction or Company chat, I found out a way to fix it on the client-side while they don't fix it from the server.
All you have to do is run a little script.
For the company chat:
javascript: localStorage['#USERID:8:room:Corp:#COMPANYID'] = JSON.stringify({ status: 'minimized', state: 'enabled', messages: [] })
For the faction chat:
javascript: localStorage['#USERID:8:room:Faction:#FACTIONID'] = JSON.stringify({ status: 'minimized', state: 'enabled', messages: [] })
To run the script, copy the whole code, substitute the #USERID and #COMPANYID or #FACTIONID for your actual id and company or faction id (get it from your company/faction page url), paste it to the address bar and press enter.
After that you can just refresh the page to have the chat working. :)
Mauk for Torn developer!!!
Its seems to have been resolved for me hope its worked out for everyone.
I have the same problem with both my faction and company. Mauk i have no idea how to do that.
I hope this gets resolved
All my chat is gone in IE and Firefox, in Chrome when chat loads it breaks the page..
Works fine on mobile (although still missing faction chat)
Mauk IFLU
javascript: localStorage['#USERID:8:room:Global'] = JSON.stringify({ status: 'minimized', state: 'enabled', messages: [] })
My Global had disappeared too. Same deal.. replace #USERID with your ID.
Glad it worked for you, FutureStealer!
And, yeah.. Besides Faction and Corp, there are Global (#USERID:8:room:Global) and Trade (#USERID:8:room:Trade).
FrenchInhale, you are supposed to copy that to the address bar.. I'm not sure what your trouble is, so you can message me for help!
It worked for me, thanks Mauk.
where do you need to run this?
Put it in the URL bar. Make sure the javascript: part is still there (I know Chrome automatically removes it and you have to type it in)
This happened to me again. Seems to be something around leaving and joining factions. I never got it back after I got back to Wolfpack
Hi
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue, but a bug which probably could be related to the issue has been fixed three weeks ago. During all this time there were no new reports of it, so I assume what the bug is fixed.