Good new, the race track is available, its got a new layout and looks fresh as hell!
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
AngryVGNerd [1530413] ×2 Bueno_Excelente [34014] ×1 Ariegi [325313] ×1
Good new, the race track is available, its got a new layout and looks fresh as hell!
agreed, just looks absolutely epic, Best change i have seen in all of RESPO!
I used to race alot, i have 5 fully upgraded cars and 641 points to spend and to honest it got boring. The new layout ect.... looks really great, might bring back the thrill of raceing again for me. Good job staff...
Just looking at the new courses, I do wish there were 3-4 more off-road or rally type tracks...
Bueno_Excelente [34014]Just looking at the new courses, I do wish there were 3-4 more off-road or rally type tracks...
Yea i agree, the balance is still way off to the tarmac on the tracks. Only one full off-road track too.
Mentions: Bueno_Excelente [34014]
Yeah, they could have mixed it up a little more.
I'm wondering if they did anything with the mechanics, or if it's still really random.
They haven't solved the main problem with it. It's still pretty meaningless. There isn't an objective once you get to class A
Agreed. There should be some incentive to revisit the previous classes' cars, too.
I, too, have 600+ points just sitting around after achieving the merits. I was thinking something like continual car modification would be a cool, to make truly custom cars. That way showing off cars could be a thing, and we could have something to spend these damn points on.
Yeah it looks good but after several races it appears that the mechanics suck.
I originally had a post that Torn should add new cars or tracks. What was done with the city to incorporate racing and all the new tracks was about what I was thinking could be done. Now that I can see my suggested ideas implemented, there's always going to be desire for more changes but I for one am happy with what was done for now.
If some one wanted to have individual car for every track they would need thousands of points, not hundreds so in my opinion you can never have extra points.
Until races have been open for months and we see the leader boards plateaued should we be dissecting the mechanics.
A lot of the suggestions about customizing cars and other events for lower then A class I don't think would be unrealistic to add now racing has come this far.
I will continue to race in hopes more awards or honor opportunities with racing will open or that maybe racing will be a factor in new missions or any new events or competitions down the road.
Overall, good job and excited to be racing again.
The racing update will definitely keep me coming back to torn more often. Being able to watch my car race in real time is very engaging.
Hurraaaay!
Have you guys seen anything new there, or just a new design with everything copied from the old one?
Ariegi [325313]Hurraaaay!
Have you guys seen anything new there, or just a new design with everything copied from the old one?
Race engine is completely new. As Ched mentioned, this will be a ground for the future updates.
Mentions: Ariegi [325313]
Crashed in my first race, and it's only the second time I've ever crashed. It may be coincidence or there may need to be far more attention to be paid in what cars and upgrades you use on which tracks.
Edit** - It also looks like the points for placing have been dropped, only got 3 for a 1st place finish.
I only got 2nd most of time, I think something wrong with my tuning.
I use Ferrari with concentration on Tarmac and Acceleration.
Care to share me some of your best working tuning.
Thank you guys.
I want to race again in the new race UI and all fire up :D
Well hopefully they give more upgrades and harder to obtain cars. Like I remember reading in suggestions about once they upgrade companies to 10 star a gas star you can use 500 points to obtain a new super car.
I didn't realize you could follow you're car in real time, that's awesome.
Have I saw anything new there? yea, read all the treads and check it out! The more I play the more new things I notice that were definitely not available before respo.
1st race and crashed? race 100 times then evaluate statistics. Pay more attention to tracks and upgrades? I would assume so.
Official races have always been 3 points for gold 2 for silver and 1 for bronze.
Spend 500 points for a super car? I think I'll be sending a application. Maybe we'll finally see thebugatti veyron released?
Back when there were 5 tracks I had 1 A class car maxed out between 305-311 points spent for each track. 1-2 cars each for all other classes maxed upgrades usually for speedway. Do some research and choose a car and (upgrade combination) for one particular track. You are never going to find a perfect combination of upgrades to win with 1 fully upgraded car on all tracks.After you have a few fully upgraded A class cars I would change 1 component at a time and do at least 5, 100 lap custom races on the same track to compare per change to upgrade, this process takes over 1,000 points spent total.No one is gong to come out and tell you there skill or how they upgraded after it took them all that time and research to figure it out for themselves. Top racing skill estimated at 40.0 out of 100.0 (not to be discouraged) keep racing!
RD_ [1530413]I didn't realize you could follow you're car in real time, that's awesome.
Have I saw anything new there? yea, read all the treads and check it out! The more I play the more new things I notice that were definitely not available before respo.
1st race and crashed? race 100 times then evaluate statistics. Pay more attention to tracks and upgrades? I would assume so.
Official races have always been 3 points for gold 2 for silver and 1 for bronze.
Spend 500 points for a super car? I think I'll be sending a application. Maybe we'll finally see thebugatti veyron released?
Back when there were 5 tracks I had 1 A class car maxed out between 305-311 points spent for each track. 1-2 cars each for all other classes maxed upgrades usually for speedway. Do some research and choose a car and (upgrade combination) for one particular track. You are never going to find a perfect combination of upgrades to win with 1 fully upgraded car on all tracks.After you have a few fully upgraded A class cars I would change 1 component at a time and do at least 5, 100 lap custom races on the same track to compare per change to upgrade, this process takes over 1,000 points spent total.No one is gong to come out and tell you there skill or how they upgraded after it took them all that time and research to figure it out for themselves. Top racing skill estimated at 40.0 out of 100.0 (not to be discouraged) keep racing!
Thank AD
That explained me a lot
Mentions: AngryVGNerd [1530413]
RD_ [1530413]I didn't realize you could follow you're car in real time, that's awesome.
Have I saw anything new there? yea, read all the treads and check it out! The more I play the more new things I notice that were definitely not available before respo.
1st race and crashed? race 100 times then evaluate statistics. Pay more attention to tracks and upgrades? I would assume so.
Official races have always been 3 points for gold 2 for silver and 1 for bronze.
Spend 500 points for a super car? I think I'll be sending a application. Maybe we'll finally see thebugatti veyron released?
Back when there were 5 tracks I had 1 A class car maxed out between 305-311 points spent for each track. 1-2 cars each for all other classes maxed upgrades usually for speedway. Do some research and choose a car and (upgrade combination) for one particular track. You are never going to find a perfect combination of upgrades to win with 1 fully upgraded car on all tracks.After you have a few fully upgraded A class cars I would change 1 component at a time and do at least 5, 100 lap custom races on the same track to compare per change to upgrade, this process takes over 1,000 points spent total.No one is gong to come out and tell you there skill or how they upgraded after it took them all that time and research to figure it out for themselves. Top racing skill estimated at 40.0 out of 100.0 (not to be discouraged) keep racing!
Yeah, I had a fully upgraded car for each of the old tracks as well, and was sitting on about 1500 points for the new release (have fully upgraded 2 more cars and am testing them now). I was just surprised by the crash, as I had only crashed once before, ever.
Currently, I've now crashed twice in 8 ranked races, so it's appearing that the odds of you crashing have gone up, as the increase in # of laps would suggest it would.
Mentions: AngryVGNerd [1530413]