When I first joined TC things were not as well moderated / self-regulated as they are now.
People used to get away with a bit more. Forums bans were still often dealt out but things did have much more of an anarchic feel.
Coming from the realms of 4chan and such, I liked it alot! This wasn't so much a kids game it had broader appeal.
Over time as I suppose it had to, Torn cleaned up it's act. Moderator numbers grew and were able to jump in or grave anything that got too full on. Which I fully understand had to happen at times. But it did leave us with a bland, homogenised TC forums.
I want things to get a bit f**ked up at times and watch the train wreck of peoples ego's destroy themselves publicly and moreover I want to say "You are a stupid c**t from a c**t family of well known c**ts, your kids will be c**ts, even your dog's a c**t. Your mums depressed because she gave birth to such a pathetic c**t as you". I know if I say this towards someone in general forums. That's me banned for a while.
But the situation is this: I dont have a problem with the above and would appreciate the humour even if someone aimed the above at me. I'm an adult.
I would like torn to ask me for consent and give me access to an 18+ forum, where apart from anything aimed at a persons gender, sexuality, race or religion. It's fair game. Maybe limit to donators?, whatever.
I would like the right to call someone out and also call them a c**t for doing it, let us grown ups regulate ourselves.
Might bring some new life back to the forums. what do you think?
Go back to 4chan. There is no age verification system for this game, all you'd get is a section for dumb kids. I don't see why you'd want to try to upset others and if you do again as you mentioned you have forums for that and they're not here.
Also why would you WANT to attack someone based on gender, sexuality, race or religion? That just makes YOU look dumb, so at least you excluded that.
Considering I haven't posted much in the past two days it probably has something to do with you being a sick perverted stalker. Not sure what that has to do with the topic though. Also I'm quick to call out silly threads. Considering your age you should know how ALL these threads end, in the graveyard. It's not something that will EVER be considered.
"You are a stupid c**t from a c**t family of well known c**ts, your kids will be c**ts, even your dog's a c**t. Your mums depressed because she gave birth to such a pathetic c**t as you". I R+ed this thread because of these two sentences. The general sentiment I disagree with but this made me laugh (I hope you didn't just steal it from somewhere.)
I also respect the fact that in your requested 18+ forum, you'd still disallow racism, homophobia, sexism and bigotism (although you missed out disabled people).
There is literally no need for an "adults forum" on Torn, though.
CatHead [1581564]"You are a stupid c**t from a c**t family of well known c**ts, your kids will be c**ts, even your dog's a c**t. Your mums depressed because she gave birth to such a pathetic c**t as you".
I R+ed this thread because of these two sentences. The general sentiment I disagree with but this made me laugh (I hope you didn't just steal it from somewhere.)
I also respect the fact that in your requested 18+ forum, you'd still disallow racism, homophobia, sexism and bigotism (although you missed out disabled people).
There is literally no need for an "adults forum" on Torn, though.
Thanks for reading
Im just voicing my perception that forums were much more entertaining to me a few years ago.
It seems they are over-run with karma-farmers and forum cliches that reduce it down to their interest.
All an adults forum would turn into is kids trying to one up each other with off color posts. I'm not a prude or anything and certainly do enjoy some raunchy humor, but it wouldn't be funny. Trust me. It would get stupid, quick.
And really the forums aren't ruled over with an iron fist. You can get away with more than enough to get your point across. The forums are slow right now cause the game is slow right now.
CatHead [1581564]"You are a stupid c**t from a c**t family of well known c**ts, your kids will be c**ts, even your dog's a c**t. Your mums depressed because she gave birth to such a pathetic c**t as you".
I R+ed this thread because of these two sentences. The general sentiment I disagree with but this made me laugh (I hope you didn't just steal it from somewhere.)
I also respect the fact that in your requested 18+ forum, you'd still disallow racism, homophobia, sexism and bigotism (although you missed out disabled people).
There is literally no need for an "adults forum" on Torn, though.
Thanks for reading
Im just voicing my perception that forums were much more entertaining to me a few years ago.
It seems they are over-run with karma-farmers and forum cliches that reduce it down to their interest.
I think many feel the same way.
It's boring!
I agree on the karma front, I seem to be the only one left that -1s stupid threads in NR. In fact someone posted a stupid one that had -1 from me, and the next post saying it was stupid had like +10 from others...Really? They're so scared to -1 the OP that they +1 the guy that calls the OP an idiot instead.
KickRocks [1030718]All an adults forum would turn into is kids trying to one up each other with off color posts. I'm not a prude or anything and certainly do enjoy some raunchy humor, but it wouldn't be funny. Trust me. It would get stupid, quick.
True enough but I bet you my torn networth it would pull far more views than the average forum section. People dont want to see the discussion of how a collective effort might one day enable the majority of forum users to shoot sparks out their ass. They want to see some gloves of raw banter
bogie [148747]You want a mature forum to show that you're completely immature?
How pathetic...
No Bogie. I want an anarchic forum space that lets the chips fall where they may. Could be a crowd pleaser and hence lead to higher new player retention levels but hey, who gives a f**k about that. Just an idea for discussion. But people don't see that, maybe I should'nt have posted in gneral discussion?.
bogie [148747]You want a mature forum to show that you're completely immature?
How pathetic...
No Bogie. I want an anarchic forum space that lets the chips fall where they may. Could be a crowd pleaser and hence lead to higher new player retention levels but hey, who gives a f**k about that. Just an idea for discussion. But people don't see that, maybe I should'nt have posted in gneral discussion?.
By proving that all you want to be is an ignorant degenerate? Sounds like you've accomplished that already mate, no need for a special forum to prove yourself to anyone.
bogie [148747]You want a mature forum to show that you're completely immature?
How pathetic...
No Bogie. I want an anarchic forum space that lets the chips fall where they may. Could be a crowd pleaser and hence lead to higher new player retention levels but hey, who gives a f**k about that. Just an idea for discussion. But people don't see that, maybe I should'nt have posted in gneral discussion?.
By proving that all you want to be is an ignorant degenerate? Sounds like you've accomplished that already mate, no need for a special forum to prove yourself to anyone.
What an absolutley weak arguement. How does advocating an 18+ forum area, where adults have free speach equate to being an 'ignorant degenorate'? Maybe you should stop pigeon holing users into your own box?. I have asked for nothing but discussion. I respect the people who have given their opinion against and explained why.