Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

View Upgrade Points Earned?

Started by Devo [997350] on in Racing.

8 replies · 216 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Thorsson [1794299] ×1

Devo [997350]

I'm fairly new to racing (still Class E.)

From what I've read, you will upgrade in class automatically once you have earned X number of Upgrade Points (so 25 for me to upgrade to Class D.)

My question is: Is there a way to see how many Upgrade Points that you have earned?

I would assume that this would be under Statistics, but I didn't not see it. In fact, there are all sorts of things that I would assume would exist under the Statistics page which do not exist (total races, total # of each place finish, crashes, etc.)

Thank you in advance for any help.
Thorsson [1794299]

As far as i know there is no way to see how many points you've earned. You can always look at your cars and see how many points you've spent on them and add those to however many points you have available. As long as you dont get rid of old.cars you can add them up.

Hope this helps some.
Devo [997350]
Thorsson [1794299]As far as i know there is no way to see how many points you've earned. You can always look at your cars and see how many points you've spent on them and add those to however many points you have available. As long as you dont get rid of old.cars you can add them up.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate as it seems like such an obvious thing to display.

As for adding up points spent on your cars (as long as you haven't sold one) plus the number of points you have available -- that won't work. When you crash you lose a variable amount of points spent, so there would not be an accurate number.

To be more accurate in my wording, when you crash, you can lose a variable amount of parts, which were purchased with points. When you look at the "Points spent," the number it displays is actually misleading, as it is not the number of point that you have actually spent on that car, but rather how many points you currently have in your car at this moment in time in the way of parts & modifications.

I'm sure of this because I literally just made it to Class D today, I've only ever had one car, and it currently says "Points spent: 15." But, you move to Class D when you have earned 25 points. That makes sense as while I'm not sure of the exact number, I probably lost about 10 points worth of upgrades in the 3 crashes that I've had so far.

In any event, I appreciate the response. It was on point, and if anything gives a quick and easy way to keep track now that I know there is no way to view it. Basically, if I just keep track of the points that I lose in crashes, then at any time I should be able to quickly figure out how many points that I've earned by adding up those currently in cars plus those available.

Now is a good time to start since I'm early on in the process and I just made the next class so I know how many I have at the moment.

Cheers!

Mentions: Thorsson [1794299]

Thorsson [1794299]

Yikes, i did not realize the full effect of crashing. Thought that you only got a ride to the hospital. My apologies... And thanks for pointing that out to me.

On another note, you can always go through your events history and add em up that way. Heh, that'd be some serious determination of course. ;)
Marco_Formaggio [285449]

Your racing points are plain to see when you go to "Parts and Modifications". There is an info bar right at the top above your listed cars. Mine, for example, says, "You have 3049 racing points available."
Devo [997350]

Cool story. Except that's not the question that I asked. This is the second time you have responded to this thread with the same wrong answer.

I asked, specifically: "My question is: Is there a way to see how many Upgrade Points that you have earned?"

You answered once: "When you look at 'Parts & Modifications' it will tell you how many points you have available right at the top."

And again (curiously 8 months later): "Your racing points are plain to see when you go to "Parts and Modifications". There is an info bar right at the top above your listed cars. Mine, for example, says, 'You have 3049 racing points available.'"

How many points you have earned (my question), and how many points you presently have available (your answer) are two different things.

This distinction was literally discussed in the very post that you downvoted.
RiverNinny [1712720]

I found no way to know how many points I had earned since I started racing... When I was in your situation I just kept a running total of my points. Add on what you earn and take off what you loose. (keep in mind when crashing you will have to work out which parts you have lost to work out how many points to take off. )