Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mentor Pilot Program

Started by PatBenatar [420347] on in Suggestions.

66 replies · 369 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 67 / 67 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
67
Discussion span
→
Authority score
30 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

PatBenatar [420347] ×6 SlantSix [1471037] ×3 Butters [34298] ×2 12Digitdan [5510] ×1 Jorgy411 [145507] ×1 Beerstein [1322136] ×1

PatBenatar [420347]
Adopt a newbie

With Ched planning on advertising in the near future to get new players excited about the game, it would be nice to try and help new players out. I am NOT suggesting to donate any money or items, that would just promote multis. What I am suggesting is to make a volunteer pilot program to help new players with suggestions, ideas and any questions they may have after the initial new player forum is no longer available. They could sign up for a mentor in the Newbie forums and the rules would be explained to them. Mentors would not gain any items/cash for participating in the program, maybe a title such as (mentor) similar to a committee member or a reporter.

Getting tons of new players that get frustrated and quit does not help the game, this way at least they would be nudged in the right direction.


For this to work we would need a few basic things, it should not be too much for the developers to accomplish. I was thinking maybe a link once you first log on the first 5 times and ask if you would like a mentor or not. (the link would take them to the forum sign up) I can not see restarted accounts using this service so a nice opt out would be great for them.

Staff- one person to develop a forum thread and take the names and assign them to the mentor. They would also be in charge of enforcing the rules for both mentors and new players.

Mentors- be available to at least one player to help. I would think 3-5 players would be a good number for one mentor. One maybe too little, and more than 5 maybe over whelming. I would love to see uber active players sign up for mentors. It should be left up to the mentor and/or staff depending on requests from new players.

PatBenatar [420347]

No, I came up with it after a similar program off of World of Warcraft. They have specific servers for new players and they have vets be mentors. I have never even seen or played that game.
Two_D [1832908]

This would be a great idea I was lucky enough to get guidance from MnC faction members. Others weren't so lucky as me I know but this would be a massive help to a lot of people :)

rated +
Renagard [1861213]

As long as it's volunteer and you don't wake up one morning and see that you now have a new player to deal with. That part is important. +R