I have not been able to make a complete "sweep" of the city map zoomed in for over a week. I do not remember the exact date the issue started. It usually allows me to scroll through some of the map before it stops loading the map as i go. After it stops i refresh the page, but then it all changed to a smaller white boxes with a symbol inside gridded across where the map should be.
City Map not Loading
Started by A_Bear630 [1456628] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 48 / 48 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 48
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 47 / 100
- Story score
- 51 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
A_Bear630 [1456628] ×3 bounty_hunt [18202] ×1 Jorgy411 [145507] ×1 KickRocks [1030718] ×1 Master [1618958] ×1
I have not been able to make a complete "sweep" of the city map zoomed in for over a week. I do not remember the exact date the issue started. It usually allows me to scroll through some of the map before it stops loading the map as i go. After it stops i refresh the page, but then it all changed to a smaller white boxes with a symbol inside gridded across where the map should be.
forgot to mention I use chrome. I would include a screen shot, but i do not know how to apply it to the page
have you tried a different browser?
You closed the bug report I posted and sent me here... WHY? Has nothing to do with what I reported.
I have not. all of my bookmarks and info are on chrome and it has always worked before
can you try a different browser, please?
i will try it. but if that is the problem, then what will be the solution to get it to work on chrome?
the problem does not replicate itself on internet explorer. having an entire separate browser just for this game seems a bit ridiculous though. Especially since I am one of the people who actually put real money into it. Is there not a way to get it working on chrome? Only have had problems with torn on chrome since respo. Maybe the answer is wait it out till more bugs are solved?
Staff aren't saying to use another browser permanently, they just want to confirm it is a browser specific issue.
I have checked it on the Chrome v36 under a few accounts ant it is not repeated. Perhaps it was a temporary bug when worked on static versions. Could you check it again please? Thank you.
P.S. Chrome is one of the important browsers and we check every task and bug on the Chrome, Mozilla and some other browsers.
Ok. Thank you for more information on my questions. I will try it very soon.
Yes, the problem still does occur. I will try to check a few things to make sure my chrome is up to date.
I've just searched the whole map on chrome, try clearing your cache maybe that'll help. I have noticed on a couple of occasions since respo launch, that sometimes you get a block of map shaded out though, no problems today.
I tried to repeat this bug under A_Bear630 [1456628] in Chrome but it is not repeated for me. Perhaps you can open JavaScript console in Chrome (press F12, tab Console) and print error which is printed there. It will help me. Thank you.
Mentions: A_Bear630 [1456628]
...
That is what i see when i hit f12 while the screen is on it messed up map.
here is the next one it shows.. it starts with the gray screen then goes to the squares. http://gyazo.com/20530d33858fbb451107a26852d50522
http://gyazo.com/a5f1165411b89c30dc4e9e5961fc73f8
just happened http://gyazo.com/a028e76a95f100ddb1233f9dfbf73541
It is really difficult to fix bug which is not repeated for me. Thank you for screens. I helped me to fix it. It has been fixed on the development server and will be pushed to the production server today. But I'd like to ask A_Bear630 [1456628] to check it again today evening and let me know if there are some issues. Thank you.
Mentions: A_Bear630 [1456628]
It happend to me a minute ago, i have taken screenshots from both the Javascript console and City map itself. - Since you said it's been fixed and will be pushed to the live server today, i'll await and see if it happens again.
If already pushed to live, please comment, so i can attach photos.