Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

bank interest

Started by skam [76284] on in Bugs & Issues.

15 replies · 170 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

skam [76284] ×2 kyle8048 [488020] ×1

skam [76284]

I was just able to figured out a way to post myself and mail. There is something wrong with my account, ask rated, im in bugs confirmed. This issue is that when I started my account over 3 weeks ago I set interest for 3 months as I always do it said I would receive 38.08 percent interest on the page that asked me if I am sure I want to invest. I clicked yes. then on the chart it said I would get 26. Whatever. I would have said something then but couldn't post or mail. Another issue being looked at. I have since started at a new job and new faction which changed interstate rate slightly but didn't change numbers that I can see. At the time I started account I was supposed to receive an additional 38.08 percent for interest.I have had my interest maxed out for years I don't expect to get screwed out of hundreds of millions of dollars. I had my friend post because I couldn't but ched or someone trashed the thread.I ask that someone seriously look at this issue and not just discard it. I will be making several posts about many issues I am having. Thank you for your time
skam [76284]

That's the one. It's not right. I chose 3 month and it giving me interest of 2 months. I spent 55 merits to upgrade this so it's maxed. It said 38.08 would be what I gain gain for 3 months when I invested. Please look into this instead of dismissing. there so much wrong with my account
kyle8048 [488020]

He's confusing base interest rate (APR)with 3 month interest return by the looks of it. Your APR is 40.32% atm. It was probably 38% a few weeks ago.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
kyle8048 [488020]He's confusing base interest rate (APR)with 3 month interest return by the looks of it. Your APR is 40.32% atm. It was probably 38% a few weeks ago.

 That's what I thought, but I've already said that in his other bug report.

Mentions: kyle8048 [488020]

skam [76284]

If my Apr is supposed to be 38- 40 percent than why am I getting 27percent on this account.? This is first bank on over 2 years. I have so many problems with this torn account one being replying. Any way to see what I took from last account and put in this one because this just seems so off. I kept les than 100mil from last account that was about a bill.
skam [76284]

I been trying to respond for almost an hour! Trying to respond through this source code crap is for the birds! All I know is my entire torn account is nothing but screwed right now and the numbers for what I invested don't seen right then the numbers for my returns don't seen right and im getting aggravated trying to post simple responses
skam [76284]

Hey Kyle if you want to help how about starting with my mail and posting! So I can sit down and figure out what is going on with my bank. I can't think about just one issue when I have such a hard time with so many. Mail and post would be top of my list. I've spent another 20 30 mins trying to get this to post
kyle8048 [488020]
skam [76284]If my Apr is supposed to be 38- 40 percent than why am I getting 27percent on this account.? This is first bank on over 2 years. I have so many problems with this torn account one being replying. Any way to see what I took from last account and put in this one because this just seems so off. I kept les than 100mil from last account that was about a bill.

 For a starters I can't help about your mail and posts. 

[image: i.gyazo.com]
APR and interest are 2 different things. The APR is what you would earn at the base rate (no merits) amount if you reinvested the same amount every week for 1 year.

The thing circled in blue is the interest you earn in that period. The 27.5% is what you make in the 3 months of investing.


Mentions: skam [76284]

skam [76284]

It looks like I'll have to deal with this but im telling you something isn't right. I only invest round numbers so if that 795... Is what it saying I started with than there's a problem right there.I should have write down exactly what it said when I started the account but I didn't expect to have issues. I know the amount I m receiving is not right. I don't know what the problem is but it is very apparent that this torn entire torn account has problems I'll quit my bitching about this for now till I have my own proof. I'll start writing down every move I make in this game with all the detail I can. Im sorry of it looks like I wasted your time ched. Im sure you can see my torn account has many problems.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
skam [76284]It looks like I'll have to deal with this but im telling you something isn't right. I only invest round numbers so if that 795... Is what it saying I started with than there's a problem right there.I should have write down exactly what it said when I started the account but I didn't expect to have issues. I know the amount I m receiving is not right. I don't know what the problem is but it is very apparent that this torn entire torn account has problems I'll quit my bitching about this for now till I have my own proof. I'll start writing down every move I make in this game with all the detail I can. Im sorry of it looks like I wasted your time ched. Im sure you can see my torn account has many problems.

APR is Annual percentage rate, or the percentage of interest you'd receive in a single year. It is the 'base' number we use for all investment programmes. The base number per year, not per 3 months. 3 months is quarter of a year, so you'd receive quarter of the APR plus the bonus the bank gives for a long investment.

Mentions: skam [76284]

skam [76284]

I understand that. Thank you for responding Chedburn. I do however think that.somethin isnt right. I know my personal stats are all screwed up but even my money banked over a lifetime kinda reflects that I feel but I will just deal with it and be observant of many things in the future. Thanks again for the post.