Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

login issue

Started by king_jamason [1732919] on in Bugs & Issues.

21 replies · 103 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×1 king_jamason [1732919] ×1

king_jamason [1732919]

When i'm logged in on my phone and then try to login on my laptop I have to reenter my password. It is the same issue the other way around. This just started happening yesterday.

I have cleared all saved passwords on both devices and saved passwords again. But get the same issue.
Porny [604593]

Since yesterday i've had to start re-entering mine, though i don't think its a torn issue, what browser are you using, i use win7 chrome.
king_jamason [1732919]

I have gone back and forth with my yahoo accounts and not have any issues.

When I first try to login for a second I can see lots of dots for the password and then it goes to only a few dots and ask for me to login back in. I also don't the message that I can't be logged into more than one device at a time.

I have googled chrome password issues and tried some of what they advice to try but nothing helps.

KJ
PMV [1577993]

I've had the same issue myself which has been happening the last few days. It's worked great then just suddenly stopped.
garfthegreat [1731173]

works fine on my phone...but on my notebook when the page first loads it has the passward in cause u can see all 8 *'s but them when it is finished loading it goes back to the 4 or 5 of them which means nothing...and i have to re-enter it
TheTraveller [1845619]

Same here. Chrome mobile. Saved password is being replaced by the default stars in the Password field.

king_jamason [1732919]I have gone back and forth with my yahoo accounts and not have any issues.

When I first try to login for a second I can see lots of dots for the password and then it goes to only a few dots and ask for me to login back in. I also don't the message that I can't be logged into more than one device at a time.

I have googled chrome password issues and tried some of what they advice to try but nothing helps.

KJ




Mentions: king_jamason [1732919]

The-Wicked [626698]

Same here. Having this problem, thought it was a chrome issue because I updated them yesterday. But working fine for other stuff
TilleysBabyGirl [1707962]

Me and My Boyfriend are both experiencing this issue on both our computers, im not sure if it could be torn related, because so man off us have this problem?
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I had this same issue. I also didn't know my password, and had just been letting my computer and phone remember it. So it caused me to do a password reset.

The password reset system sends you to a blank screen initially, but the reset-email goes out like it should. Then, when you click the authentication link, again you get a blank screen, and you have to "just know" that you're supposed to go check your email again. It does work, once you figure it out, but the blank screens at those two points are not ideal.



Aldous_Snow [1491264]

It is the same for me on Chrome windows 8. Although when I disable Javascript for torn on the main page, my saved password appears again. It seems to be a Torn issue.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

This is a chrome issue, and not a problem with us.

We are trying to adjust the site to make it work again though.
TheTraveller [1845619]

There is something happening that is wiping the saved pwd which does appear for a second... Maybe some auto-focus JS or an empty value attribute in the input?
Aldous_Snow [1491264]

At the moment I just turn Java off when I log in, once I'm in turn it on again. Not great but it works for now :) On my phone however I have to keep logging in to my email account to retrieve my password :P
Hammerhead [941890]
Chedburn [1]This is a chrome issue, and not a problem with us.

We are trying to adjust the site to make it work again though.



Some extra info that seem to me to say it is a Torn issue and not a chrome issue is that if you login using www.torn.com/mobile/index.php chrome remembers your saved password. So to me something on the main torn home login page is causing the issue.

Mentions: Chedburn [1]