Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What's respo?

Started by IAmSRK [635482] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 109 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Scootaloo [1590427] ×3 Sweeney_Todd [27468] ×2 APOLLO [862724] ×1 Hades [1728299] ×1 cogo [1855260] ×1

IAmSRK [635482]

I haven't played TORN in a while and I was wondering what this RESPO thing was all about. Considering it's a major topic of discussion on the forums, I thought I'd ask you guys.
IAmSRK [635482]
Hades [1728299]A mid life crisis. XD



Is something I'm going through now, which is the sole reason for my getting back to TORN.


Mentions: Hades [1728299]

Scootaloo [1590427]

It's a coat of paint

There's only a few real major changes to the system and its inner workings so far, mostly it's just a change to the layout
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Scootaloo [1590427]It's a coat of paint

There's only a few real major changes to the system and its inner workings so far, mostly it's just a change to the layout

The base updates have been implimented to allow the majority of changes to be applied when they are ready in the near future to improve gameplay in most areas, what we see now is not RESpo...

Moved... [:sick:]

Mentions: Scootaloo [1590427]

CatHead [1581564]

They re-coded a lot of the site to make it easier for major updates in the future. It's a responsive interface which changes between 'mobile mode' and 'computer mode' depending on the size of the screen that's being used. Apart from how the game looks, very little has been changed to the mechanisms. Major updates so far are city finds, the church and racing. There is a thread that lists all the updates in General Discussion but I'm not sure if it's still being updated regularly.

Every change comes up against a lot of scrutiny- so General Discussion will be full of threads about updates and changes, things that work, things that don't work, so on and so forth in the foreseeable future.

The word RESPO is short for 'responsive' (I think). It's the foundation for future changes in the game.
cogo [1855260]
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Scootaloo [1590427]It's a coat of paint

There's only a few real major changes to the system and its inner workings so far, mostly it's just a change to the layout

The base updates have been implimented to allow the majority of changes to be applied when they are ready in the near future to improve gameplay in most areas, what we see now is not RESpo...

Moved... [:sick:]

Near future as in 2017 ?

Respo is just a pointless face job but i like it.

Mentions: Scootaloo [1590427] · Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Scootaloo [1590427]
Makav3li [1855260]
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Scootaloo [1590427]It's a coat of paint

There's only a few real major changes to the system and its inner workings so far, mostly it's just a change to the layout

The base updates have been implimented to allow the majority of changes to be applied when they are ready in the near future to improve gameplay in most areas, what we see now is not RESpo...

Moved... [:sick:]

Near future as in 2017 ?

Respo is just a pointless face job but i like it.

"soon"

Mentions: cogo [1855260] · Scootaloo [1590427] · Sweeney_Todd [27468]

APOLLO [862724]

Well the best part is how it has been especially designed to operate super duper the best on mobile devices. So Yaaaay respo
MadHatter [486416]
APOLLO [862724]Well the best part is how it has been especially designed to operate super duper the best on mobile devices. So Yaaaay respo

See, you say that... but I found the old system to be much easier to navigate on mobile. I swear to god, I get a different mobile version of Torn every time I log-in on my phone. The layout is constantly shifting and resizing as I navigate the game, and many pages don't display or work properly (Events, for example).

I understand that it's a work in progress, but trading the simplicity of the old system for the flashy, pseudo-streamlined look of RESPO made the game frustrating as all hell. At least on mobile. Torn is becoming the facebook of MMOs, which is a shame because I LOVE this game and have been playing for a while

Mentions: APOLLO [862724]