Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

High / Low

Started by Zoltan [548760] on in Gambling.

21 replies · 391 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

dunmugmeh [538353] ×2 Zoltan [548760] ×1

Zoltan [548760]

Well this has officially ruined about 3 years of my game play from being so addicted so it i have lost nearly everything I've actually saved for and something I wish to share with all fellow gamblers!

Through what I call bad luck aka getting a 2 when i have 3.. getting an A when i have a K.. you know, the stuff that should never happen that happens at least 30/70 of my casino tokens.. Well not when gambling $10 of course ;) I can easily get through 15/16 rounds on low bets..

But the $10m a time ones.. HA.. lucky to get past about 7 without something stupid happening like the above!
Reviver [1451724]

I made it to 300m on 10m bet. I ment to cash out but accidentally clicked continue. I had a 3. Clicked high. and got 2. I raged so hard. So my highest win will continue to be 33m from a few days ago
dunmugmeh [538353]

You have 0 casino tokens and a current streak of $84,353,174

Playing it safe and cashing out after 1/2/3/4/5 hands. usually after 1 or 2 hands.

dunmugmeh [538353]
    • Stat
    • Value
    • Games
    • 162
    • Successful games
    • 94
    • Unsuccessful games
    • 68
    • Games Successful/Unsuccessful ratio
    • 1.3824
    • Maximum gain
    • $29,449,992
    • Maximum loss
    • $10,000,000
    • Total money gain
    • $1,065,066,131
    • Total money loss
    • $943,110,000
    • Money Gain/Loss ratio
    • 1.1293
almost 13% profit. i dont play all my casino tokens everyday.
Zoltan [548760]
dunmugmeh [538353]If you are making $10 million bets you should cash out well below 7 wins.


Why should you? If the game IS random.. you can do whatever whenever right? I see multiple threads of people complaining BJ gives ridiculous odds, and from what I've seen so far from High/Low

Baring in mind I am ranked 4th in Torn for Wins / Losses. It doesn't seem legit to me, but hey like I said its not a complaint, just felt like venting!

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353]

dunmugmeh [538353]
FlashAOD [548760]
dunmugmeh [538353]If you are making $10 million bets you should cash out well below 7 wins.


Why should you? If the game IS random.. you can do whatever whenever right? I see multiple threads of people complaining BJ gives ridiculous odds, and from what I've seen so far from High/Low

Baring in mind I am ranked 4th in Torn for Wins / Losses. It doesn't seem legit to me, but hey like I said its not a complaint, just felt like venting!

If you want to make a profit then you have to be smart. If you keep going for big win streaks then you are going to lose money because the odds are astronomical.

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353] · Zoltan [548760]

Yuno_Lift [121252]

You have to keep in mind that when half the deck has been drawn already your chance of getting an ace is much higher if none of the drawn cards were aces.
890926 [890926]

Haha, mate that's nothing.

One day (few days ago) I was bored, playing high/low. 1mill bets, 100k bets.. I was fine, after a few hands I cashed out, almost always reached 3-5hands.. Sometimes lost, after 2 or 3. Once maybe on the first..
So tried out 10mill, won the first, cashed out .. Then one the first two cashed out and stopped.

Second day I was like hey I made quite a bit yesterday, let me try it out.
Started it 1mill bets .. Lost every game, I was lucky if I got past two.. Almost always I didn't get past the second turn.
Lost quite a bit like this, so decided one or two wins on 10mill would get me some back.
1st go, I lose. Second go, I lose .. Third again I don't get past the first card.. Now in the moment well you rage and don't think to stop. But yeah I stopped at 50mill of a loss..
But yeah, couldn't get past the first bloody card (oh and inbetween the 10mill I tried a few 1mils, also lost at first or second card)
I just kept losing..
NoNameYet [63726]

does anybody know why my modifier is going down? first it was 31%, was at that for about a week, then yesterday it went down to 30% and today its went down to 28%??
Bad_Apple [152511]

That's what i've noticed, plus each time you win the bar under the modifier raises by one, what happen's if you reach the end of the bar (highly doubtful but guess some lucky git will reach it) would the modifier raise up 1%?
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

The modifier is based on High/Low payouts. If it's losing a lot of money (people keep winning a lot), the modifier goes down to slow the inflow of money. If people lose a lot, the modifier goes up. (It's all about controlling how much money is getting generated).

The bar underneath, it counts to 25 wins. If you reach that, the game is over, and you get an award. But the odds are astronomical to reach it, but it's already been done by a few people.
CrimeRate [827716]

I always cash out on 10m bets when i win a few hands id say around 30-50mill.. depending on my starting cash.. im sittin at a 1.2 win to loss ratio
Otter [1821671]

So yesterday. New shuffled deck. Got a three. Rolled a two. Ok, that's fine, whatever.
next hand got a three. Rolled a two AGAIN.
NExt hand got a four, rolled a THIRD TWO.
............
do you know the odds on that? How can people possibly say this game is not rigged.
Hank [1732212]

It aint rigged, you just need to push it further than a 3 streak to make any reasonable cash from it.

Lets not forget this is gambling!