Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Busting success.

Started by Mr_Charlie [452500] on in General Discussion.

109 replies · 1.65k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 110 / 110 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Alexstrasza [1825532]

That's a good point you raise David...

Ched, Why are you deliberately trying to make an element of the game LESS enjoyable? Do you realize that will directly affect the dollars in your pocket?
All_in_Ken [557912]

failed bust in for 3 hours
Are you sure you want to buy yourself out of jail? It will cost you $643,174 to do so.
that would have cost me 120k yesterday.

Just keep changing stuff willy nilly Ched, something will work right some day around here, lol
Mr_Charlie [452500]

Seems a little better today?? I have had some success, but only for very low levels ( I havent even been able to bust anyone level 40 or higher) and only for low times (been caught everytime over 4 hours) and only one person at a time, never two in a row. Plus a lot more failed events rather than caught, so that is like a warning not to try again.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The idea of making a change, is that something actually changes. Just because something is more difficult or more expensive, it doesn't mean it's bad. Try to imagine a scenario where it was this new way from the beginning, ten years ago, and we made it easier and cheaper to the point where there were never any players in the jail (the more fun version apparently) - I think you'd be complaining more.

You seem to be looking at the graphs and expecting nothing to change at all, and things to remain how they are. The whole purpose of the change is to change the graphs - changing the success rates and changing the amount of busting. If the graph falls to zero, and there are zero busts and bails happening - I've failed.

You have to adapt to change, one way or another, otherwise you just end up being a grumpy sod!
Rosie [1185614]

...The problem is, it's almost impossible to bust player in jail for a moderate amount of time... :/


...Going from 50+ busts a day down to under 10 has made me a very grumpy sod...




Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Rosie [1185614]...The problem is, it's almost impossible to bust player in jail for a moderate amount of time... :/


...Going from 50+ busts a day down to under 10 has made me a very grumpy sod...





What makes that a bad thing exactly? It might be impossible for you, but for an experienced buster who is a high level and hasn't made any busts recently - it's certainly doable. I love the fact that you can't just bust whoever you like whenever you like, it adds a challenge! 10 busts per day is still a huge amount, I was expecting it'd be lower than this for most users. Imagine going to jail 10 times per day.

Mentions: Rosie [1185614]

David [132845]
Chedburn [1]
Rosie [1185614]...The problem is, it's almost impossible to bust player in jail for a moderate amount of time... :/


...Going from 50+ busts a day down to under 10 has made me a very grumpy sod...





What makes that a bad thing exactly? It might be impossible for you, but for an experienced buster who is a high level and hasn't made any busts recently - it's certainly doable. I love the fact that you can't just bust whoever you like whenever you like, it adds a challenge! 10 busts per day is still a huge amount, I was expecting it'd be lower than this for most users. Imagine going to jail 10 times per day.

Well, I don't know your definition of "experienced buster", but Rosie has 14k busts behind her belt, and she's ranked #37 in HOF.
She'd definitely be a PA team leader if I weren't part of the team...

Mentions: Chedburn [1] · Rosie [1185614]

BFM [1455642]
Chedburn [1]
Rosie [1185614]...The problem is, it's almost impossible to bust player in jail for a moderate amount of time... :/


...Going from 50+ busts a day down to under 10 has made me a very grumpy sod...





What makes that a bad thing exactly? It might be impossible for you, but for an experienced buster who is a high level and hasn't made any busts recently - it's certainly doable. I love the fact that you can't just bust whoever you like whenever you like, it adds a challenge! 10 busts per day is still a huge amount, I was expecting it'd be lower than this for most users. Imagine going to jail 10 times per day.


What about someone like me who has over 8300 busts done but can barely bust anyone above level 20 and If I do it's only certain crimes only. I would think with the amount of busts I have done it would be a little bit easier then busting out level 1 to 10's for a failed crime. What does level have anything to do with being able to bust someone. Should focus mainly on exp and not what level someone is.


Mentions: Chedburn [1] · Rosie [1185614]

Blexi [1458703]
David [132845]
Chedburn [1]
Rosie [1185614]...The problem is, it's almost impossible to bust player in jail for a moderate amount of time... :/


...Going from 50+ busts a day down to under 10 has made me a very grumpy sod...





What makes that a bad thing exactly? It might be impossible for you, but for an experienced buster who is a high level and hasn't made any busts recently - it's certainly doable. I love the fact that you can't just bust whoever you like whenever you like, it adds a challenge! 10 busts per day is still a huge amount, I was expecting it'd be lower than this for most users. Imagine going to jail 10 times per day.

Well, I don't know your definition of "experienced buster", but Rosie has 14k busts behind her belt, and she's ranked #37 in HOF.
She'd definitely be a PA team leader if I weren't part of the team...

Experience probably in terms of knowing which people she can bust rather than just busting whenever there is someone in jail and buying yourself out to try again if it didn't work.

Mentions: Chedburn [1] · David [132845] · Rosie [1185614]

Jai [918327]

I hope you guys realize that there is a new stat called busting exp that works similar to crime exp


btw chedburn , what will happen to political assassinations now?
ReyDuvall [1526820]
NitroDex [918327]I hope you guys realize that there is a new stat called busting exp that works similar to crime exp


btw chedburn , what will happen to political assassinations now?



Did you just say that you hope we realize something, and then completely make up the thing?
There are certainly factors that affect your ability to bust, but there have always been. So even if you do consider the factors to be a stat, it isn't new.

Mentions: Jai [918327]

Hank [1732212]

All that I can see people doing with these busting changes is them not committing crimes. Crimes after all are a low revenue task you happen to use nerve on with a big golden carrot of maybe doing a PA in the distant future. What is the point of doing a low revenue crime when your risking getting caught and stuck in jail for 8 hours or having to pay 2m in bail?

What is the point if the players in a crime based game don't commit crimes. It would technically mean the end of the game as we knew it. Maybe crimes will go in the same direction as dogs did and be a thing of the past.
KPCSlor [1557404]

I made the decision today that busts are just a 5 nerve crime for me with a 10k medal just like the other crimes with the same priority levels.

I have never done any risky crimes and will never do any risky crimes to maintain my place on my PA team regardless if they are going to have a reduced failure rate. Busts used to be the #1 way to build CE and now they aren't so I'm going back to my other crime medal goals.

RIP Busting - Thanks for getting me PA ready, but you are dead now....

(Good thing I finished that law degree last month for nothing)
PatBenatar [420347]

To gain crime experience, you're probably better off doing crimes.

Not to hard to understand. All you need to do is get uber CE from crimes and continue busting as he suggested. To become a great buster, you will have to have the crimes to match the busts. Warehouse arsons will max your CE out then if you wish to continue do so, I assume that failed busts currently is tanking your CE, so you may need to break to get your arson count out before proceeding.

If you never do another PA is it really the end of the world? New crimes sound better any how.



This new change is amazing, since you will now be able to max your CE and gain stats twice as before since you are no longer pissing your Energy away.
Crayfish [954866]
This new change is amazing, since you will now be able to max your CE and gain stats twice as before since you are no longer pissing your Energy away.


You leave Styx lying on the ground and quickly run away....just wanted to see if I had pissed too much energy away getting a high CE.......nope :)

Mentions: PatBenatar [420347]

PatBenatar [420347]

Lets see 0 Xanax vs 2,516 level 70 vs 76. How many hits did it take you to take me out? ROFL better start training more. You are weak with that much drugs. If you did not waste your E on busting you would have been able to one shot me.

Please keep on the topic no need for shenanigans

I think Ched did a excellent choice when it came to this change.

Crayfish [954866]

SO what did you piss your energy away on?

My point was that we all have a choice on how we play this game.

You are obviously a lot less active than me. I chose to use energy on CE (balanced with obviously better stats than you) while you chose to play casually.

Yeah, it took me a few hits to take you out, but with you being 500+ days older with virtually no energy "pissed away" on busts, I shouldn't have won at all ;)
Robertas [331385]

An argument that this change makes a law degree worthless is very poor.
Eventually you will finish all the educations no matter the benefit. And you do get a merit, right?
KPCSlor [1557404]
Robertas [331385]An argument that this change makes a law degree worthless is very poor.
Eventually you will finish all the educations no matter the benefit. And you do get a merit, right?

It's not a matter of I would have never done the Law degree. It's that I prioritized it over others because of the CE benefits of busting. The Law degree I believe takes the longest to get out of them all and not worth it after this update. I got up to 1600 busts before the update so it wasn't a total loss, but anyone who hasn't started it yet don't bother. Save it for last.

Mentions: Robertas [331385]