Back in the days, in Torn's glory days, I used to anxiously pour my eyes over the newspaper, not because of the bounties or the listings, but because of the funny comics. What happened to them? Why aren't we getting new comics? Perhaps we should start a comic committee to post some regularly. I would love it.
Resurrecting Comics.
Started by IAmSRK [635482] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 42 / 100
- Story score
- 58 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
Back in the days, in Torn's glory days, I used to anxiously pour my eyes over the newspaper, not because of the bounties or the listings, but because of the funny comics. What happened to them? Why aren't we getting new comics? Perhaps we should start a comic committee to post some regularly. I would love it.
There are some new ones.....
Was a small thing, but I to use to always log in and first thing i look at is the newspaper to see if the comics was updated haha
It has been updated recently and they are looking at comics with about a months delay between submission and review it seems
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Would you mind posting them here for us to enjoy anyway?
Mentions: MmM [256222]
Rca [1860888]MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Would you mind posting them here for us to enjoy anyway?
They are on my profile, i'm not good at bb codes sry ;/
http://www.torn.com/userimages.php?XID=256222
MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Just looked at them MmM. Nothing wrong with them and made me smile.
"It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough"
You obviously don't know the right people. That's the way torn works these days.
Mentions: MmM [256222]
MmM [256222]Rca [1860888]MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Would you mind posting them here for us to enjoy anyway?
They are on my profile, i'm not good at bb codes sry ;/
http://www.torn.com/userimages.php?XID=256222
I really liked comic 1 XD
But 1 year? really? come on staff :|
I guess how it is Para
and yeah took a whole year to be reviewed, they told me they were too busy with the Respo update.
pleased some of you like them :)
MmM [256222]I guess how it is Para
and yeah took a whole year to be reviewed, they told me they were too busy with the Respo update.
pleased some of you like them :)
You should do more!
Mentions: MmM [256222]
They made me giggle, esp the last one.
R+ on those 2 comics they were funny. I would actually click on the newspaper each day if stuff like that was in it.
MmM [256222]Rca [1860888]MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Would you mind posting them here for us to enjoy anyway?
They are on my profile, i'm not good at bb codes sry ;/
http://www.torn.com/userimages.php?XID=256222
That's the kind of thing I'd enjoy seeing in the newspaper, even if it was only like 2 comics a week added.
We've already got a dedicated group of article submitters, why can't the same happen with comics?
Really liked the second one...
One more thread on this subject about not updating the Comics. Yawn, yawn, yawn. This thread is just about as lame as the subject of no new comics. Wake up - - - - , NO you will not get your comic published, and NO they will not publish fresh material. Notice that some of the existing stale comics have been published by one person only.
What I am really worried about are the Horoscopes. Where are they? I depended upon them when I woke up in the morning to plan my day. The editor for that feature died, dead, YES in real life - - - - DEAD. The same Horoscope page remained in the newspaper for about 10 months until someone discovered this fact. Bummer, that really ruined my day, and now you want fresh comics? Forget it.
Turmoil [1602605]One more thread on this subject about not updating the Comics. Yawn, yawn, yawn. This thread is just about as lame as the subject of no new comics. Wake up - - - - , NO you will not get your comic published, and NO they will not publish fresh material. Notice that some of the existing stale comics have been published by one person only.
What I am really worried about are the Horoscopes. Where are they? I depended upon them when I woke up in the morning to plan my day. The editor for that feature died, dead, YES in real life - - - - DEAD. The same Horoscope page remained in the newspaper for about 10 months until someone discovered this fact. Bummer, that really ruined my day, and now you want fresh comics? Forget it.
Who was the editor of the Horoscope?
Mentions: Turmoil [1602605]
They check the comics usually every 4-6 months because there are so few good submissions that they rarely accept new ones. With that in mind its not like the Torn staff is at fault because they can only update the comics section if people submit quality comics that are witty, funny and torn related and sadly a lot of people have trouble with their art skills. I've seen a lot of funny and witty comics declined in past threads about this that had bad art style but good humor in it.
I still remember when I kind of stirred up a shitstorm about this issue when I submitted 3 comics roughly 2 years ago after xD. After a few months one of them was accepted and since then I get offers now and then from people willing to pay up to 100mil for me to make one which I declined because their ideas were bad and also because making comics isn't fun anymore ever since I earned the Velutinous honor. Basically paying someone to make a comic for you isn't against the comic submission rules so its a gray area because its very much frowned upon by the community.
Anyways I still love the comic that I had accepted though because I worked hard on it and it always gives me a little laugh.
[image: s3.amazonaws.com]
MmM [256222]Rca [1860888]MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Would you mind posting them here for us to enjoy anyway?
They are on my profile, i'm not good at bb codes sry ;/
http://www.torn.com/userimages.php?XID=256222
I like your comics! They're fun, I'd love them. Maybe Torn staffers should set the bar a little lower and focus on humour rather than art quality...
Hell, these aren't even lacking in art quality either! I wouldn't see why to reject them. Cartoons don't have to be intricate masterworks, it's about the message, rather, I think.)
MmM [256222]Â
Rca [1860888]Â
MmM [256222]
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
- The comic you submitted was not accepted. It was either not Torn City related or not professional enough. 2014/09/155:54:00 PM
Submitted them a year ago. its only now i get a reply, discouraged with it.
Would you mind posting them here for us to enjoy anyway?
They are on my profile, i'm not good at bb codes sry ;/
http://www.torn.com/userimages.php?XID=256222
I enjoyed them! Especially the second one. Actually made me laugh. Should have made the paper. Better luck next time