Anyone else seen @tornrpgofficial on Twitter? It appeared on my feed.
Fake competition for a DP then asks you if you want to take part in a new feature - Torn EMail. This is when I realised they would want your email address to get your password reset.
It looks very real, and has 1883 followers so be careful what info you give out.
Edit - following 1883 with 46 followers - probably all from the real site.
In todays world do people really still fall for this stuff? I've even managed to get our non pc using staff to stop opening spam emails... [:sick:]
Sweeney_Todd [27468]In todays world do people really still fall for this stuff? I've even managed to get our non pc using staff to stop opening spam emails... [:sick:]
If I had had a few beers who knows?
Just a friendly warning to the 46 people out there who have already submitted their ID for the fake competition. As the official site has had no activity for a month, it is quite clever.
Mentions:
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
problem is people are still using twitter
you need to think when playing on the interweb the admins already know your email address.
if a thing you click on wants you to give them your email address again then you need to think VERY carefully about what you click on when looking at the interweb.
Lol worth a shot the tinterweb is fulla retards :p
dunmugmeh [538353]you need to think when playing on the interweb the admins already know your email address.
if a thing you click on wants you to give them your email address again then you need to think VERY carefully about what you click on when looking at the interweb.
That is not how the scam works. It does not immediately ask you for your email address, indeed I did not proceed that far. It portrays Torn Email as a new feature soon to be released. It tries to draw you in slowly. It is only a warning to others whom maybe playing drunk/sleepy/high or whatever. And I reiterate it looked very very real.
That is all.
Mentions:
dunmugmeh [538353]
Pluto [541636]dunmugmeh [538353]you need to think when playing on the interweb the admins already know your email address.
if a thing you click on wants you to give them your email address again then you need to think VERY carefully about what you click on when looking at the interweb.
That is not how the scam works. It does not immediately ask you for your email address, indeed I did not proceed that far. It portrays Torn Email as a new feature soon to be released. It tries to draw you in slowly. It is only a warning to others whom maybe playing drunk/sleepy/high or whatever. And I reiterate it looked very very real.
That is all.
im usually drunk when i play this game but im probably more intelligent than most people as well so im probably well ahead of most people who play this game :P
a new feature like that if it was real would be promoted by the admins most probably in the announcement forum. if it was real. which it isnt.
Mentions:
dunmugmeh [538353]
· Pluto [541636]
dunmugmeh [538353]Pluto [541636]dunmugmeh [538353]you need to think when playing on the interweb the admins already know your email address.
if a thing you click on wants you to give them your email address again then you need to think VERY carefully about what you click on when looking at the interweb.
That is not how the scam works. It does not immediately ask you for your email address, indeed I did not proceed that far. It portrays Torn Email as a new feature soon to be released. It tries to draw you in slowly. It is only a warning to others whom maybe playing drunk/sleepy/high or whatever. And I reiterate it looked very very real.
That is all.
im usually drunk when i play this game but im probably more intelligent than most people as well so im probably well ahead of most people who play this game :P
a new feature like that if it was real would be promoted by the admins most probably in the announcement forum. if it was real. which it isnt.
It portrays the new feature as being only available at first to it's Twitter followers. (Bit like committee)
Ergo no announcements by admins :)
Quite clever scam and must have took someone a lot of time and effort to make it so real. Just don't want anyone to get their account compromised.
Mentions:
dunmugmeh [538353]
· Pluto [541636]
i think everybody who plays this game should google phishing. do some reading and pay attention when you are doing it so you understand what is going on.
Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
Who mentioned password?
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
Pluto [541636]MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
Who mentioned password?
Well in all fairness you did
" This is when I realised they would want your email address to get your
password reset."
Well I guess that answers the question "Why would any sensible person have an account on twatter?"..
[:laughing:]
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
· Pluto [541636]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Pluto [541636]MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
Who mentioned password?
Well in all fairness you did
" This is when I realised they would want your email address to get your password reset."
I see now why you have an account on Twatter...
[:laughing:]
No, that was speculation on my side that they wanted your email to reset password. Totally out of context.
Also, you 'trying' to be humorous (and failing badly) when I am pointing out scams to help people is neither helpful or forward sighted.
I don't really use Twitter, but just because you obviously do not like it does not mean the world should follow suit.
Again, for everyone else, be careful.
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
· Pluto [541636]
Double post: However I see you altered your post. Sensible thing to do.
MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
You do! Send his details... [:sick:]
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
Talk about an overused joke. O.o
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
Bezee [1685702]MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
Talk about an overused joke. O.o
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
· Bezee [1685702]
Pluto [541636]MadameButterfly [1035358]Pluto [541636]MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
Who mentioned password?
Well in all fairness you did
" This is when I realised they would want your email address to get your password reset."
I see now why you have an account on Twatter...
No, that was speculation on my side that they wanted your email to reset password. Totally out of context.
Also, you 'trying' to be humorous (and failing badly) when I am pointing out scams to help people is neither helpful or forward sighted.
I don't really use Twitter, but just because you obviously do not like it does not mean the world should follow suit.
Again, for everyone else, be careful.
It is not a scam love, it is called "phishing", why do you all get the difference between those two wrong because f**k knows Torn makes sure as far as it can that you at least see a difference but yet still, as you are trying to prove, idiots will always fall for phishing. Do you really think I want any of you to be phished? I am condescending about it because sometimes it takes a person to treat you like an idiot to realise you are acting like one, no one will fall for this now not because of what you said but because of what I said so you are f**king welcome
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
· Pluto [541636]
Sweeney_Todd [27468]MadameButterfly [1035358]Honestly there are so many warnings saying staff will never ask for your password on here or any other site so if you fall for this then I know a Nigerian prince who's whole family just recently died and is willing to go 50/50 if you give him your bank details so that he can transfer $500,000,000 (five hundred million US dollors) into your account
You do! Send his details... [:sick:]
I do indeed but as part of the deal you have to marry his sister so she can get citizenship but that won't be a problem either, she has a wide booty and her name is "Swallows ***"
Mentions:
1035358 [1035358]
· Sweeney_Todd [27468]