Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat issues

Started by Kapre [1422575] on in Bugs & Issues.

40 replies · 238 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Kapre [1422575] ×3 Unknown_Element [450910] ×1 Karalynn [517092] ×1 MaxHeadRoom [1429645] ×1

Kapre [1422575]

I've noticed sometimes when I log on, or remain logged in for some time I'll have a large amounts of my old private chats open up and clutter the screen. I've seen it work on the most recent version of firefox and of chrome, while using windows 7. Next time this happens I will make sure to grab a screen shot of it.

As a second issue, it seems some messages are not showing up for me in chat, I tend to notice that in some private chats and in trade/global that the messages are just not getting to me, I have made a mention of this to Karalynn [517092] after she told someone not to double post and it was not visible on my screen.

Mentions: Karalynn [517092]

Kapre [1422575]

I have tried and it didn't seem to help, then again how can I really be sure I am actually seeing everything, and as for all the other chat boxes opening, it doesn't help either.
Kapre [1422575]

The post asking what rank his company is and his immediate response are the newest posts, that somehow got mixed in which posts that are quite a bit older, as you can see based on the scroll bar.

http://i.imgur.com/I6Em2Hb.jpg
Kapre [1422575]
Il_Duce [1422575]http://i.imgur.com/0KHoVGE.png

As you can see, there are moments lost in my chats that seem to ruin context or the general flow.

Mentions: Kapre [1422575]

Herodotus [1670169]

I had the mexico chat for some time after landing.

Edit: Seems to be the same glitch that faction chat has had for a long time, though from the looks of it attempting to enter a message briefly bans you in order to close it.
ryan1987 [1693140]

yeah chat has gotten f**king unbearable for me atm. It keeps cutting in and out and not showing posts that people have said until you say something which is pretty shit
Inkhart [1710822]

Was traveling back (actually currently am) and in the chats 'jail' chat popped up instead of the chat of this place. When I tried to type something in the 'jail' chat it became -

Settings

Error: 403

You have been banned until Invalid Date TCT.