I recently married and I would think others have posted about the obtuse new process required to marry, and I think it is detrimental to the flow of the game.
New marraige process
Started by Skullface [369658] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 37 / 100
- Historical score
- 32 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
Gungrave [470221] ×4 Noc [1662321] ×4 Bueno_Excelente [34014] ×3 Porny [604593] ×2 1035358 [1035358] ×1 Alexander [1425794] ×1 pacaveli [1687285] ×1 nooneyouknow [1866957] ×1
I recently married and I would think others have posted about the obtuse new process required to marry, and I think it is detrimental to the flow of the game.
maybe you should give a quick summary of what is required with the new system? because i have no idea what you're talking about.
How so? I think its fine, personally.
.
I think it's meant to be a nice way to get people talking and make an actual thing out of getting married. I was quite happy when I was asked to witness a wedding. It was two newbies I'd never met before and they asked me randomly. Started a nice little conversation.
Not everything has to be a 'one-click kill' does it?
I just like how it asks if youd like to send a gift fisting the wife on her marriage night always amuses me......
should just have the option to buy certain weddings like
1- Shotgun wedding where its quick, free, and gives no boost to your happiness
2- Average wedding where you invite some people and spend some money and get a moderate happy boost
3- Extravagant wedding where you invite X number of people spending millions and those you invite get a large happy boost for a day but this type of wedding takes days to plan before it happens.
Gungrave [470221]should just have the option to buy certain weddings like
1- Shotgun wedding where its quick, free, and gives no boost to your happiness
2- Average wedding where you invite some people and spend some money and get a moderate happy boost
3- Extravagant wedding where you invite X number of people spending millions and those you invite get a large happy boost for a day but this type of wedding takes days to plan before it happens.
Nice idea, but I'd suggest limitations on how many times you can do 2 and especially 3, as people will end up abusing them for training purposes.
Mentions: Gungrave [470221]
Gungrave [470221]should just have the option to buy certain weddings like
1- Shotgun wedding where its quick, free, and gives no boost to your happiness
2- Average wedding where you invite some people and spend some money and get a moderate happy boost
3- Extravagant wedding where you invite X number of people spending millions and those you invite get a large happy boost for a day but this type of wedding takes days to plan before it happens.
This won't help anyone with capped stats though, it would also encourage more divorces so players would be boosting happy as often as they could. Marriage should be for life!
Mentions: Gungrave [470221]
Porny [604593]Gungrave [470221]should just have the option to buy certain weddings like
1- Shotgun wedding where its quick, free, and gives no boost to your happiness
2- Average wedding where you invite some people and spend some money and get a moderate happy boost
3- Extravagant wedding where you invite X number of people spending millions and those you invite get a large happy boost for a day but this type of wedding takes days to plan before it happens.
This won't help anyone with capped stats though, it would also encourage more divorces so players would be boosting happy as often as they could. Marriage should be for life!
Lol like f**k is it esp in gold digger central aka torn
I like the new marriage system tbh. Though the other church features need a serious overhaul though (imo). Whats the point in them?
What is the new system? Lol.
Alex [1425794]What is the new system? Lol.
You have to have a wedding ceremony with friends as witnesses. lol
Mentions: Alexander [1425794]
i just got married about an hour ago and neither i nor my spouse knew what to do after proposing, but the trick is to follow the instructions
once you propose an event comes up that allows you to click "here" and continue the ceremony where you invite some of your friends from your friends list and as long as one is online and will be the witness you both (bride and groom) write vows to each other and then click "i do" and "kiss"
BAM
f**king married
pacaveli [1687285]i just got married about an hour ago and neither i nor my spouse knew what to do after proposing, but the trick is to follow the instructions
once you propose an event comes up that allows you to click "here" and continue the ceremony where you invite some of your friends from your friends list and as long as one is online and will be the witness you both (bride and groom) write vows to each other and then click "i do" and "kiss"
BAM
f**king married
can i fist the bride?
Mentions: pacaveli [1687285]
All very good comments. I should have put in my original post a thank you to Crissy for being our witness and staying around until wife and I could be online at the same time. And I would just like to add that neither of us knew the ceremony had changed. In retrospect, it does make people interact more in the game which is a good thing.
Porny [604593]Gungrave [470221]should just have the option to buy certain weddings like
1- Shotgun wedding where its quick, free, and gives no boost to your happiness
2- Average wedding where you invite some people and spend some money and get a moderate happy boost
3- Extravagant wedding where you invite X number of people spending millions and those you invite get a large happy boost for a day but this type of wedding takes days to plan before it happens.
Marriage should be for life!
tell that to the divorce rate of the world lol
Noc [1662321]I just like how it asks if youd like to send a gift fisting the wife on her marriage night always amuses me......
Gift... fisting?
[edit - I mean, how would you even wrap that!?]
Mentions: Noc [1662321]
Bueno_Excelente [34014]Noc [1662321]I just like how it asks if youd like to send a gift fisting the wife on her marriage night always amuses me......
Gift... fisting?
Yup im just a nice guy ;)
Mentions: Bueno_Excelente [34014] · Noc [1662321]
Bueno_Excelente [34014]Noc [1662321]I just like how it asks if youd like to send a gift fisting the wife on her marriage night always amuses me......
Gift... fisting?
[edit - I mean, how would you even wrap that!?]
OBVIOUSLY in a colon, tut...{exasperated sigh at people who don't know who to wrap a fisting}
Mentions: Bueno_Excelente [34014] · Noc [1662321]