Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Destiny

Started by MrBateman [1775325] on in Gaming.

56 replies · 523 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

CatHead [1581564]

It looks so pretty. I wish it was a console seller, I'd be straight out to buy a ps4 if everyone had said it was an incredible game that lived up to its hype. At the moment, the only thing making me want to buy next gen is GTA5 which you can buy on old consoles (if I ever get mine fixed)... The gaming industry keeps giving me more and more reasons to hold off on buying.
Manarutos [786573]

I'm enjoying it for the most part. I only play it with someone else, doing it solo is very boring. But doing some of the strikes with others is fun. The higher I get, the more grind there is. Even spent a while at the loot cave (Easy item, massive grind cave, VERY BORING)

So yeah, the grind isn't as bad as some games, doing bounties everyday, leveling up my weapons and gearing up for the level 26 raid.

I'll play until I get level 30 after that I'm not sure.
jhunn [1648287]

I am loving destiny. I still haven't complety beat all it has to offer, so I keep coming back for more. hoping to do the vault of glass soon!
CatHead [1581564]
CatHead [1581564]It looks so pretty. I wish it was a console seller, I'd be straight out to buy a ps4 if everyone had said it was an incredible game that lived up to its hype. At the moment, the only thing making me want to buy next gen is GTA5 which you can buy on old consoles (if I ever get mine fixed)... The gaming industry keeps giving me more and more reasons to hold off on buying.

I went against this today. I bought a ps4 with destiny. Let you know what I think when it gets here.

Mentions: CatHead [1581564]

Astral [300312]
The_Convict [1533238]Got the Vault of Glass done today, got a legendary scout rifle, a cloak and an exotic launcher from it, awesome!

Done it many times now. Equipped raid chest (looks epic) for warlock, raid sniper, exotic gauntlets, all maxed. Just need raid helmet/boot and I can hit lv 30. Got 42 shards saved for em ..

Still can't complete hard mode though. The moment someone goes down it's all over, we all 28/29's, luckily as a sunsinger I get 1 extra life ;)

Sucks how you can't printscreen on PS3.

Mentions: The_Convict [1533238]

CatHead [1581564]

Well, I got it. It's f**king great in my opinion... There are a few issues with it (it kicks me out more frequently than I'm comfortable with. Which, upon further inspection, is a fairly common moan among players.) But the main game is great. The story is f**king awful but really, who cares? Shooting aliens is fun as is shooting people in PVP. The difficulty is very well balanced, even at a high level the game throws stuff at you that can kill you. It's addictive and I can see myself spending quite a lot of time trying to get my character up to level 30. If not, I think I'll start over as a different class.

It's a much better game when played with a friend.

If anyone's playing on PS4, feel free to find MomoCatHead.
McDallas [14757]
IIIlusionist [253384]if only i didn't have to study...i could play this game!!! :P



omg same. if not for the gf and school i'd get way more game time in! lol

Mentions: IIIlusionist [253384]

The_Convict [1533238]
CatHead [1581564]Well, I got it. It's f**king great in my opinion... There are a few issues with it (it kicks me out more frequently than I'm comfortable with. Which, upon further inspection, is a fairly common moan among players.) But the main game is great. The story is f**king awful but really, who cares? Shooting aliens is fun as is shooting people in PVP. The difficulty is very well balanced, even at a high level the game throws stuff at you that can kill you. It's addictive and I can see myself spending quite a lot of time trying to get my character up to level 30. If not, I think I'll start over as a different class.

It's a much better game when played with a friend.

If anyone's playing on PS4, feel free to find MomoCatHead.

Take a look at the Grimoire Cards if you want to get more into the story, took a look at them not too long ago and it was a pretty enjoyable read.

I'm loving the hot fix that went live today, the scout rifle and hand cannon buff and auto rifle nerf is just what multiplayer needed, finally a bit of diversity and a reward for accuracy.

Mentions: CatHead [1581564]

MaxSpeed [585277]
I love Destiny, It's boring if you are playing by yourself but if you get a community of 3-6 regular players then its really fun. The Playstation party option allows for gaming and socialising at the same time and it would be great to chat some Torn whilst playing Destiny too.

I've had the game since day one and I agree with the statement it doesn't really start until you hit level 20 - the strikes, PVP and Raid are designed to be completed with teams you know well and at level 20+.

Speaking of the raid I have completed the vault over 5 times now (level 29 currently) it takes a huge effort and co-ordination like no other game I have played before, the sense of achievement even after the fifth time is well worthwhile.
nas [573498]

i fiend this game. i only play on tuesdays tho to do the nightfall and vault of glass. Ive gotten each class to level 30 lol

message me if you wanna do vog on hard for the xbox one


KangEr [1650173]

Wow Bungie outdone themselves this time round. Those who didn't buy the new DLC cannot do raids or weekly. Good job sucking our money bungie.