Hi everyone,
I'm really interested in programming and recently got an idea of creating an app much like the Citywatch program, but for android (as I know it's programming language). Could an admin tell me whether I am allowed to create this app and perhaps even share it?
Thanks!!
i agree there should be an andriod app, but i personally would only use it if it was managed by an admin, no 2nd parties.
because with the current app you need to enter your login information and i would not trust that to an individual unless they were associated with this website in a moderator.
Hey ColdStranger,
I'm actually a student who's aiming for a computer science degree, and so I'm hoping that this project could be part of my portfolio as well! I wouldn't want to damage my reputation like that, just for a game with no real money value :P
Anyways, I've been thinking of ways to only store passwords locally, and I have a few ideas! Need admin's approval to start programming and testing though.
** i don't mean that the game has no real money value, but rather the stealing of account information!!
BUMP, could I have an admin response please? Thanks!!
Talk to him directly, pretty sure he will respond
Yeah that interesting... I want that
Better if moved to a suggestion thread
Thanks for your support guys! The staff has notified Ched and I'm waiting for a response now! Let's hope it's a good one :D
would be awesome to have a city watch app for mobile :)
hope ched gives you the go ahead
good luck
Stylin [1474127]would be awesome to have a city watch app for mobile :)
hope ched gives you the go ahead
good luck
Get an iPhone noob ;) xoxox
Mentions:
Stylin [1474127]
Alex [1425794]Stylin [1474127]would be awesome to have a city watch app for mobile :)
hope ched gives you the go ahead
good luck
Get an iPhone noob ;) xoxox
Make an app for iphone too.. i think He ^^ wants it :P
Mentions:
Alexander [1425794]
· Stylin [1474127]
ArticFz [1583141]Alex [1425794]Stylin [1474127]would be awesome to have a city watch app for mobile :)
hope ched gives you the go ahead
good luck
Get an iPhone noob ;) xoxox
Make an app for iphone too.. i think He ^^ wants it :P
Give one exclusive features and usher in a new age of forum whining lol
Mentions:
Alexander [1425794]
· ArticFz [1583141]
· Stylin [1474127]
Scootaloo [1590427]ArticFz [1583141]Alex [1425794]Stylin [1474127]would be awesome to have a city watch app for mobile :)
hope ched gives you the go ahead
good luck
Get an iPhone noob ;) xoxox
Make an app for iphone too.. i think He ^^ wants it :P
Give one exclusive features and usher in a new age of forum whining lol
go cook me a steak bish! Hahaha
Mentions:
Alexander [1425794]
· ArticFz [1583141]
· Scootaloo [1590427]
· Stylin [1474127]
Hey guys,
Unfortunately, the android and iOS programming language is very different. I'll be focusing on the production of the android version first, and if it is well received and I can squeeze in the time, I would love to port the program over to iOS.
I've started work on the general framework. I'm expecting the first version to be less (graphically) refined, and more focused on the functionality.
Will keep you all updated!
This has been suggested many times. Admins have said that they are not planning to make one. Would be nice to have one but to be honest they don't need one. The Torn mobile is great tbh.
A nice front end is only half the solution. You need access to game data and events which I doubt you'll get. It's another API to make and maintain and the issues about automatic playing through self developed apps are present as well - of course you can get keys to protect your API but would you trust that they didn't fall into the hands of the wrong people?
Hi Hades & Grey,
Just to clarify, I will be creating an app like CityWatch, rather than an app to play torn itself. You will still have to initiate all your actions through the website. The app is meant to remind you when your input is required, so you will not need to actively keep track of energy, travelling, drug cooldown, and a load of other timers, or miss any of these timings.
So now, instead of eagerly waiting for torn's timer to run out, you can do whatever you need/want to, and when you get a notification, you just act accordingly, and return to real life! It will be especially helpful for active players frequently on the move.
With regards to the API issue, I have thought of a solution to that, and preliminary tests seem promising, although there's some polishing needed. Stay tune for updates!
You'll need to either:
Input data manually so the app knows when your energy is full and so on.
Get data from the game which you could get by screen scraping but that would be essentially automatic playing and therefore a bannable offense. Or you can get it via an approved API which I doubt will be created.
Personally I would have reservations about logging in via a 2nd party app either way. Nothing personal but it's a nice way to get a lot of passwords fast...
Hey Grey,
Sure, different people will have differing viewpoints about the app. I appreciate your view, but I feel that it may be premature for you to be so sceptical at this point where you have not even seen a developmental copy of the product.
Instead, I would urge you to be open minded, and see what comes out from my endeavour. If eventually you don't like it, or feel the same way you currently do, it's your decision whether you want to use it or not.
Sorry if I come off a bit pessimistic - I really wish you the best of luck. I just don't want you to get your hopes up too high but if you have found another way that I didn't think of then rock on.