Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cannot buy items from stores

Started by MandyCruze [1865025] on in Bugs & Issues.

80 replies · 708 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 81 / 81 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
81
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chaos_Greg [46203] ×1 RatedR [72498] ×1 Xiphias [187717] ×1 Batman [984129] ×1 Turmoil [1602605] ×1 TheTraveller [1845619] ×1

MandyCruze [1865025]

I have tried buying items from Bits n Bobs and the Post Office but it does not work.

I choose the item, type in how many I wan to buy, click the Buy button, then when it asks if I'm sure and I click Yes it doesn't do anything. If I click no it resets. But if I click Yes it just sits there. I never get the item and I do not get the warning about buying more than 100 items. Just nothing.

My computer is Windows 7 and I use Chrome. I tried clearing the history and re-starting the browser but the same thing still happens.
Chaos_Greg [46203]

yap, having the same issue here, Can not click on yes. nothing moves.

No bought items prior to this for myself, so I should certainly be able to buy beer bottles if I wanted to.

Confirming.
MarlonBrando [1337797]
All stores not allowing purchases at all, after click on buy, no window opens to complete purchase, Please fix immediate.Thanks

Are you sure you would like to buy99 x Bottle of Beer for $990Yes No
Xiphias [187717]

There is an error in the javascript code. This error is caught when trying to buy items from Bits and Bobs store.


TypeError: c.parents is not a function
 ...lass("buy")});var k=function(a){var c=a,d=c.parents(".items-list > li");d.find("...
 Â
Julez [237543]
Chaos_Greg [46203]yap, having the same issue here, Can not click on yes. nothing moves.

No bought items prior to this for myself, so I should certainly be able to buy beer bottles if I wanted to.

Confirming.

Did you clear your cache before confirming?

Mentions: Chaos_Greg [46203]

CuddleBear [1861836]

same here and i still cant send any chat message or post in the forum or list any item in the auction house when i click where im suppose write my message in the chat or forum it just sits there nothing happens den if reply it goes as a blank message as u can see i tried before from my phone above and nothing happened i use standard browser and i have a motorola mb855


Xiphias [187717]

As a temporary fix you can run this code from the console. You can find the itemIDs here: http://pastebin.com/HbbsYhEE.
Hammer has itemID = 1, Baseball Bat has itemID = 2 etc.

------------------------------------------
function buyItemsFromShop(itemID, buyAmount) {
$.ajax({
url: 'shops.php?rfcv=' + getCookie('rfc_v'),
type: 'POST',
data: {
ID: itemID, // e.g. Bottle of beer = 180
amount: buyAmount, // How many to buy. Max 100 a day.
step: 'buyShopItem'
},
success: function (response) {
console.log(response);
}
});
}

buyItemsFromShop(180, 1); // This call will buy 1 bottle of beer.

------------------------------------------
One_ [1656131]

same issue as you guys unable to buy from shops however i was able to buy ammo just before i tried getting beer. using chrome and ie