Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Finding Items?

Started by 672 [1327102] on in Questions & Answers.

22 replies · 325 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

DevilSoldier [1731252] ×2 Forza [43608] ×1 bogie [148747] ×1 megalomaniacal [1542618] ×1 Henryk_Batuta [1563474] ×1

672 [1327102]

Since the respo update, I have not found a single item in the city.

Is this normal as I click a lot of links throughout the day?

I have 7/10 merits on awareness and it seems to do nothing.
Unknown_Element [450910]

you have to go to the city map and scroll in and manually find them and click on them. have to look carefully , its best to start in a corner and use and up and down snakelike pattern and also helps if you highlight the map blue
Henryk_Batuta [1563474]

You are aware Kyle that now we need to manually find and pick them from the map right? Clicking links doesnt give anything.
I did find bunch of (mostly useless) items (like 2 yesterday) and I dont have any awarness atm ;)
DevilSoldier [1731252]

The finding is random, you will find things if you look very closely as been stated, highlighted also makes it better, but don't forget you need to zoom all the way in to have the best chance
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
DevilSoldier60 [1731252]The finding is random, you will find things if you look very closely as been stated, highlighted also makes it better, but don't forget you need to zoom all the way in to have the best chance

You dont need to be zoomed in all the way, you can be zoomed in all the way or 1 away from max.

Mentions: DevilSoldier [1731252]

Unknown_Element [450910]
bogie [148747]
DevilSoldier60 [1731252]The finding is random, you will find things if you look very closely as been stated, highlighted also makes it better, but don't forget you need to zoom all the way in to have the best chance

You dont need to be zoomed in all the way, you can be zoomed in all the way or 1 away from max.

just easier to see when zoomed all the way in and doesnt take more then a few minutes to do the whole map

Mentions: bogie [148747] · DevilSoldier [1731252]

megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

the good part is that the items stay on the map once they spawn, so youre really not losing any finds, they will remain on the map till you click on it
Forza [43608]

does anyone know if the ammount of items that appears is random or stacks over time? I haven't searched the city for a few months and just searched it and found 15-ish (mostly worthless) items...
1035358 [1035358]
Barbossa [1563474]You are aware Kyle that now we need to manually find and pick them from the map right? Clicking links doesnt give anything.
I did find bunch of (mostly useless) items (like 2 yesterday) and I dont have any awarness atm ;)

Thats not necessarily true, Ched said that clicking the city link does cause more items to spawn but you still have to manually search for them so clicking the city link 10 times a day gives you a higher chance of finding items than not clicking it at all since once an item spawns it stays there until find it and pick it up

Mentions: Henryk_Batuta [1563474]

1035358 [1035358]
Forza [43608]does anyone know if the ammount of items that appears is random or stacks over time? I haven't searched the city for a few months and just searched it and found 15-ish (mostly worthless) items...

It stacks over time, once an item spawns on the map it stays there until you pick it up so some of those items have probably been on your city map for months

Mentions: Forza [43608]

-BoomBox- [1858985]

I searched for the first time yesterday and found a some reindeer droppings erotic dvds a morphine footsie rolls shot gun 2generades and a few other items I forget what they are ...i think I was pretty sucessfull.... made a few million
marsh [926861]

Having read this thread. I searched for the first time yesterday. i found 44 items including a senet board, a statue, some coins and cans.

I have 7/10 awareness.

Edit: I just searched again and found another 9 items (that I prolly missed yesterday)