This will be a legal themed RP.
I will be playing the judge.
Roles to be filled:
Defendant
Defence lawyer
Prosecutor
Witnesses
12 jurors
Setting: 1980's US federal courtroom
Background: The defendant wakes up to a shocking sight: door kicked down and FBI agents pinning him down to the floor and being cuffed. They have been accused of being numerous crimes, including manufacturing drugs, fraud, tax evasion, and counterfeiting. They don't even recall doing that.
Any takers?
[[I'm not really a huge LA law fan. Suits was ok, but in my experience, people who become lawyers end up leading rather boring lives. Perhaps if your courtroom drama starts off with a bang. Like some sort of event that players have to react to, from the beginning. ]]
Sehr Kafkaesque.
Swinger [1827198][[I'm not really a huge LA law fan. Suits was ok, but in my experience, people who become lawyers end up leading rather boring lives. Perhaps if your courtroom drama starts off with a bang. Like some sort of event that players have to react to, from the beginning. ]]
Well, this RP is about a man who does not recall committing those crimes.
Mentions:
Swinger [1827198]
*With a bare-bones thread like this, you really think 20-ish people are going to join?
For me to join, for example, I would need a lot more description of the setting. Maybe you would do better joining established threads rather than making your own. Just an idea of course, do what you will.
If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to participate in RPGD.*
"Sooo......why am I in jail again?" Kafka D. N. Read asked, half in a stupor to his lawyer.
"I didn't have anything! I went to work, I paid my bills, I'm a careful driver so I don't have any tickets.. I swear I'm innocent!"
I'd play the defense attorney.
"Do you know anyone who would want to frame you? Any enemies of any sort?", Todd Schroeder asked his client. The client can either be coddled or win their case, and Mr. Schroeder was comfortable with the second choice. Defense attorney for over eight years and not a single case lost. That is if you don't count guilty pleas.
Kafka Read stood silent for a moment, his eyes glazing over behind a bruised face, his head slanting to the side in pensive thought. "I work as a real-estate agent and my boss hates me for doing right by my clients...I get along with my neighbour even though I tool a lot in my garage, I do volunteer work, I take nightly dancing classes, the company lawyer deals with all the legal stuff and my gardener keeps the outside of my house tidy, so.. No, not really." He tapped on the table, biting his lip.
"Well, let's start with your boss.", Mr. Schroeder started. "How much money would you say he would think he loses because of your integrity?". Money seemed to be the thing that drove people to do crazy acts such as murder or framing. If he could come up with a solid motive for the boss, that would be a great place to start. At very least, it could lead to more clues involving the case therefore proving Mr. Read's innocence.
"None. The lawsuits he would get if I failed to do my job right would be worse for his wallet." Kafka replied, a sense of both pride and practicality surging through him.
It went as far as it came, though. How did he get himself into this mess?
"Does your boss see it that way? We know the facts and where you stand, but if we're going to win this case, you have to really think and find out everyone who may bear a grudge.", Mr. Schroeder explained as he slid a piece of paper and a pen to his client.
"Write a list of anyone who may have an issue with you. It could be the difference between freedom or imprisonment for you.", Schroeder said. He hated being so blunt, but that was the very reason the attorney won every case. He figured it was forgivable.