Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DOTA 2

Started by DeathAssassin [9634] on in Gaming.

7 replies · 61 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

DeathAssassin [9634] ×1 200_MHz [1601616] ×1

DeathAssassin [9634]

So I play league of legends a lot, and am good (not amazing but better than 95% on my teams)

I understand META ect,

DOTA looks a lot more involved and strategic, any pointers for someone who is interested in starting? OR anyone willing to team up so I don't have to deal with idiots who don't understand these type of games?
883567 [883567]

Don't waste your time watching people play and don't waste your time trying to integrate with the "meta".

Find a list of heroes (like on the official wiki) and choose one who fits your playstyle. Find a build on DotAFire or use the in-game build thingy, and keep at it.
No matter how good you are in LoL, make sure you start out in bot games before you head into real games.

Top tips:
Never say "pent" or "champ".
Never mention your rating in LoL.
Put anyone who mentions the word "meta" on your shit list.
Always buy items to counter invisible heroes. Never second guess this.
And last but not least: you'll always have one person who isn't pulling their weight in a pub. Always.
Beerstein [1322136]
DeathAssassin [9634]So I play league of legends a lot, and am good (not amazing but better than 95% on my teams)

I understand META ect,

DOTA looks a lot more involved and strategic, any pointers for someone who is interested in starting? OR anyone willing to team up so I don't have to deal with idiots who don't understand these type of games?

Thankfully MMR ensures me that you're full of shit.

Mentions: DeathAssassin [9634]

200_MHz [1601616]

Dota is a great game, a lot better than LOL. I had been playing dota 1 since memmorial times, and now with this release they have improved a lot of things by making it an independent game. I highly recommend those new players to give it a shot at Dota 1 befroe venturing in Dota 2 on pubs servers. Also playing with bots helps a lot, you need to master the Unfair difficulty to at least know the "how to" of matchmaking with humans. I have been in games lost because 2 or 3 noobs fed the enemy team... and that is really lame :)
Gungrave [470221]
200_MHz [1601616]Dota is a great game, a lot better than LOL. I had been playing dota 1 since memmorial times, and now with this release they have improved a lot of things by making it an independent game. I highly recommend those new players to give it a shot at Dota 1 befroe venturing in Dota 2 on pubs servers. Also playing with bots helps a lot, you need to master the Unfair difficulty to at least know the "how to" of matchmaking with humans. I have been in games lost because 2 or 3 noobs fed the enemy team... and that is really lame :)

I never thought about looking up what Dota 1 looked like til now

did Dota 1 come out in like 05 cuz thats the kind of graphics I see in some images and man looking back makes me feel old as a gamer xD

Mentions: 200_MHz [1601616]

200_MHz [1601616]

lol that's true gamers also get old xD but as good gamers we need to go through the history too. not just playing the latest games on the market with amazing graphics...
imo the A.I from Dota 1 is better than the one in Dota 2, and it also pick different and more variated heroes...
HABLU [1444709]

well yeah, but it runs on wc3, so that gfx is actually from 2003, but its the game play that matters and not the gfx.. d2 is very good and much more noob friendly , great for new dota players . but i do miss dota on wc3 cz every once in a while ppl used to play other mods like mirana wars or BvO or pudge wars etc..