38 replies · 1.15k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Penicillin[1517799]Committee
· 1 likes · They could just change the live feed to not distinguish between a mug, a leave, or a hosp. It could just say "attacked" on all of them. If the reason Ched has the live feed on the homepage is just …
edit- Appears this will no longer be an issue with the new update
As some may know there are people who are using scripts to either scan the live feed on login page or attack logs to easily find mug targets. This is very hard to prove and puts staff in the awkward position of not being able to efficiently police the game.
I suggest (with the help of others) a variety of options developers could choose to limit such improper behavior, even better if multiple are applied.
A) Remove the live feed on the login page, it serves no purpose but to assist cheaters. (alternate option is to show old events, or even generic events) <<<<<<most important B) Randomize attack logs. Dont put them in the same order so they are so easily scanned. C) Remove the word mugged from attack logs. D) Allow the attacker the option to share the log, all other logs could be kept private E1) Remove the hospital page, the majority of it serves no purpose- Kind of disagree with that one with xanax ods, but finding revives could be searched through forum...or another work around would to be only show the first page of hospital. E2) Remove reason for hospitalization from hospital page (from this thread, still not ideal but much better then E1)
Some options are obviously better then others, and at least a few would be very welcome additions to anyone who plays the game properly.
Instead of saying "someone mugged bugsysiegal" it could say someone attacked bugsysiegal....Not the best fix as they can still scan for multiple attacks (if that was the only change applied)
Not sure how to further explain D. Attack logs would be private unless the attacker/defender chose to share it
A) Good Idea B) Not sure that this is even possible since the attack log is generated from the attack... C) No, the attack logs are the same ones that are seen when I click the event in my events to see. I want to be able to see if I was mugged... D) No. Either attack logs can be seen by everyone, or only the people they involve and if they want to share it they copy and paste it in order to share it E) Absolutely not. Removing the hospital page is NOT the way to correct the problem at hand. To even suggest this is rather confusing. I revive randomly and random people. I do NOT revive only xanax OD's. I think this is the worst of the suggestions presented
Whoo [1681631]A) Good Idea B) Not sure that this is even possible since the attack log is generated from the attack... C) No, the attack logs are the same ones that are seen when I click the event in my events to see. I want to be able to see if I was mugged... D) No. Either attack logs can be seen by everyone, or only the people they involve and if they want to share it they copy and paste it in order to share it E) Absolutely not. Removing the hospital page is NOT the way to correct the problem at hand. To even suggest this is rather confusing. I revive randomly and random people. I do NOT revive only xanax OD's. I think this is one of the worst suggestions I've read.
A would be the ideal solution IMO
I believe you are mistaken about C, seeing as the amount mugged is shown in your event but not when searched. If your event says "you have been attacked by wall_streeet and he took 5m from you" and didnt realize you had been mugged, you have a whole nother problem lol edit- as far as e....just because one noob (used lovingly) randomly revives people in the hospital when they are only in 20 minutes doesnt make it the worst idea ever but admittedly not the best fix...In the other thread people were saying the situation hasnt (not sure if true) been fixed because Ched doesnt know how to, that was merely simple (for him) option, obviously not ideal
PS- You have revived 4 people in the last 6 months, 100s of people mug daily
You sir are clearly not understanding how bad the idea of removing the hospital page really is.
For the record I do not revive anyone that has less than 8 hours in the hospital so take your noob comment and use it on a real noob. I have been playing and researching the game long enough to not fall into that category.
Removing a page to prevent script kiddies is not the answer. Thats actually a terrible suggestion in relation to the topic at hand. I am all for preventing script kiddies from "cheating" but removing a page is definitely NOT the answer.
That actually wasnt my idea (hence me putting in the OP I didnt necessarily agree with it) the addition to it of just listing the first page was mine...The first page currently goes down to 4 hours, so what is your problem if you only do 8+?
And yes, people have (supposedly, as iv been told) scanned the hospital to find people repeatedly being mugged. I can see pros and cons on both sides of the argument, but to say its the worst idea ever shows you havent played (and researched lol) this game as much as you say
"Script kiddies are using scripts to buy the cheapest x Item from the market before I have a chance to buy that item so we should remove the item market page"
Yea that's a pretty far fetched relating argument, I will agree to that but its basically the same principle. The fact that some scripting is legal in this game makes it harder to apply rules for script use but they should clearly limit the visibility of certain things.
Making the attack / defend logs private I think would be the best way to solve the issue.
LMAO ok ok that is clearly a lot worse than the hospital. Point taken. Maybe I should just say its the worst idea of the thread then we can all be happy?
That I can agree with. The main thing that needs to go is the login live feed as there is literally no way for staff to track what is being run on that page...At least the other ones (unless a multi account is used) should be able to be tracked by staff in game
i do understand the reason for the option A, rest of them, i dont see the point. Also Whoo had kind of a point with the option D. Not even all of live feed would not need to be removed tho, it does make the log in page look better... BUT! having attacks (or even make all attacks look the same) removed from the feed would already be a great help with this issue.
Altho im afraid this would not still solve the issue. Someone will still find a way around it. Same happened when the old attack log issue was removed. It was supposed to make using mugging scripts impossible and/or extremely hard. Well, it didnt. I am afraid that there will always be someone scripting, no matter how hard it will be made.
They could just change the live feed to not distinguish between a mug, a leave, or a hosp. It could just say "attacked" on all of them.
If the reason Ched has the live feed on the homepage is just for marketing purposes, there is no reason he can't just use the same set of events on a continuous loop. We don't care and someone new to the site would never know.
So I never thought about looking at the attack logs of other players but it seems like it might be some what interesting. Is it against the rules to randomly browse through the attack logs or just to use a script to do a mass search/pull live info?
A) Sure use random data instead, problem solved, if any. B) Where would they go? we need to see faction attack logs, and see if people MUG targets instead of Hosp in chains etc. C) Same, we need those D) Same, it need to be public in factions E) We need those, I dont wanna have to post for Xan OD, it's easier just to wait.
Or altogether just remove mugging problem solved ;-)
Second2none [1615950]A) Sure use random data instead, problem solved, if any. B) Where would they go? we need to see faction attack logs, and see if people MUG targets instead of Hosp in chains etc. C) Same, we need those D) Same, it need to be public in factions E) We need those, I dont wanna have to post for Xan OD, it's easier just to wait.
Or altogether just remove mugging problem solved ;-)
Unrated, don't see any problem to be solved.
Im confused as to why you wouldnt think someone using a script to get an unfair advantage is a problem but hey, some people prefer to use scripts then actually play so I kind of get it.
I can understand not agreeing with it but some of your points dont make sense
B) How would randomizing the # in the attack log change anything on the faction page? All that option would change is when you manually search through attack logs. Unless you are saying that is impossible, I admittedly am no coding expert
C) Why do you need to know when your faction members are mugging vs attacking and leaving? Unless you intend on stealing your faction mates mugs, real nice guy. NOTHING was suggested to remove hospitalization from the attack logs, would make 0 difference in war. I personally dont think that is the greatest option but your counter towards it doesnt make sense. edit- I see, someone else in the thread mentioned to remove hosp from the logs
D) Why do you need to see other people's attack logs if they dont want you to see them? They are their attack logs, not yours. How often do you manually go through attack logs, and may I please ask for what purpose exactly? Just thinking out loud (admittedly not much thought put into it) maybe this could be a new company special when that update comes, kind of like theater hiding stats. <<<<<Not sure if that would work, literally just popped into my head
E) I would partially agree with you, although limiting it to one page would remedy your complaint. Still not a very good fix though I admit
PsycWard [1579270]So I never thought about looking at the attack logs of other players but it seems like it might be some what interesting. Is it against the rules to randomly browse through the attack logs or just to use a script to do a mass search/pull live info?
Lmao good idea Psyc, let me know if you come up with ascript :p
PsycWard [1579270]So I never thought about looking at the attack logs of other players but it seems like it might be some what interesting. Is it against the rules to randomly browse through the attack logs or just to use a script to do a mass search/pull live info?
Manually browsing is fine, using a script is illegal (but very rarely punished and seemingly hard for staff to catch - though as a mugger its easy to work out which muggers are cheating and which aren't)