Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Referral link does not work.

Started by alimhv [1869698] on in Bugs & Issues.

11 replies · 123 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
alimhv [1869698]

One of my friend referred me and another person to this game by using his referral link but he did not get any notification on us signing up. Today When I tried to reset my account I did discuss the problem with one of the staff secretaries (poptop). I followed his direction exactly for the new account but again we could not get the referral to work.

We are not using same computers or IPs. to me it seems that there should be a bug in referral system that does not register them. I'm opening this ticket on the advice of poptop to follow through. Thanks.
alimhv [1869698]

I tried, the first link just refers to the Torn front page but the second link (the one with /register.php ?XID= ) refers to the registration page with the train.

I tested these right now, not sure if it was the same back then. (the first link always referred to the front page and the second to a register page but not sure if it was the same with animated train banner.)
tornberry [1448555] Admin Staff

Ok, makes sense. We have a split test running at the moment to see which version of registration page converts better. The version you are seeing (with train animation) does have a bug and doesn't pass referrer data through. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We will fix ready for next release which is planned for tomorrow. You will then have to signup again I'm afraid, but the referral will work.



Thanks
alimhv [1869698]

Thanks for the response. I have been playing for more than a week and I can say I have invested alot which makes it very hard to signup again, is there anyway that you can manually add my referrer? or maybe compensate us somehow if you see fit?
Jlee07871 [1871260]

Hi. I am a new player since yesterday and was referred by alimhv 1869698. Can you manually add the referral for him? Thanks