Attacked one of my usual marks to try out the new attacking system. Won the fight, but when I mugged my target, instead of getting cash, I'm now 27 million in debt. I had 12 million on hand. I was going to go to the Caymans to get cash and offset my debt, but I keep getting told I'm too injured to travel, when in fact, I never got hit. I can't use medical items because I'm not injured either. Now what the hell do I do?
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 13
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
Mentioned in this thread
Attacked one of my usual marks to try out the new attacking system. Won the fight, but when I mugged my target, instead of getting cash, I'm now 27 million in debt. I had 12 million on hand. I was going to go to the Caymans to get cash and offset my debt, but I keep getting told I'm too injured to travel, when in fact, I never got hit. I can't use medical items because I'm not injured either. Now what the hell do I do?
YOU MUGGED KUROYUKIHIME AND STOLE $158,289
tried it out twice, worked for me here in torn although mugging 15% of what they have on hand..
Just happened to me too. Had a mug for -$51m. Made a bug report and they said it's fixed now, but the money part wont be sorted out till a little later.
So far i know its been a really short time into it, but mugging u get a large % in ur very first mug, then 4 or 5 attacks u get zero...could even get more zeros after that not tested yet, but me and a few others have test on people so far, only person to get any amount of money from the person was the very first mug
I had 200mil on me and got mugged for 16mil usually a 200mil mug gives maybe 4-7mil in my experience...talk about op
I sent a friend 300m, usually a 5m mug with 10/10 mugging merits -- it is a 15m i mugged from him. I mugged him 4 times, first time i got the 15m, the next 3 were all empty wallets. I'm assuming this means you can only mug someone once per hour maybe... it's like mugging someone with revives turned off basically. so muggers will either need to work in teams, or just pretend their target has revives turned off
Worked for me... twice. Got a nice haul both times, lol.
Got money back and the travel bug has been fixed. Glad to hear the mugging money collection was fixed. Felt like I mugged the IRS there for awhile.
So i mugged a guy for $6m. Then try to get him again. attacked him 7 times and got $0 all of em. Is that like a rule or did i get huge f up luck?
YOU MUGGED SINISTER_DUDE AND STOLE $521,536
hmmm thats weird. 6m to 500k... it only took 8 tries -_-
FHC [1814701]So i mugged a guy for $6m. Then try to get him again. attacked him 7 times and got $0 all of em. Is that like a rule or did i get huge f up luck?
Did you read the announcement? Try again in 24 hours
Mentions: FHC [1814701]
Personally I dont like these mugging changes, who on earth would want to be a trader now? Even if you were working on a 5% margin your likely to get mugged for 3x that, and if the muggers are working in teams that initial mug from multiple people can do some serious damage to your wallet.
Also I dont think you should be able to mug people who are actively playing in the casino, eg last action in the casino during the past 5 minutes. Casino's have more security in real life than most institutions including banks so what sort of reputable casino would allow their customers to get mugged whilst they are sitting at a table playing cards?? They should have the same temporary protection that lottery winners have, but for a much smaller period of time, based on last action in the casino.
Hank
Hank [1732212]Also I dont think you should be able to mug people who are actively playing in the casino, eg last action in the casino during the past 5 minutes.
based on that suggestion here's an easy way to avoid mugs: join the casino, get free tokens everyday, to prevent mugging go to the casino every 5 minutes and use 1 token. Immunity to mugs 4 eva!
Mentions: Hank [1732212]
Kurt [441286]Hank [1732212]Also I dont think you should be able to mug people who are actively playing in the casino, eg last action in the casino during the past 5 minutes.
based on that suggestion here's an easy way to avoid mugs: join the casino, get free tokens everyday, to prevent mugging go to the casino every 5 minutes and use 1 token. Immunity to mugs 4 eva!
You cant get tokens from joining the casino, only Cruise Line can give you additional ones, but even if the timer was 2 minutes it still serves the purpose.
Hank [1732212]Personally I dont like these mugging changes, who on earth would want to be a trader now? Even if you were working on a 5% margin your likely to get mugged for 3x that, and if the muggers are working in teams that initial mug from multiple people can do some serious damage to your wallet.
Also I dont think you should be able to mug people who are actively playing in the casino, eg last action in the casino during the past 5 minutes. Casino's have more security in real life than most institutions including banks so what sort of reputable casino would allow their customers to get mugged whilst they are sitting at a table playing cards?? They should have the same temporary protection that lottery winners have, but for a much smaller period of time, based on last action in the casino.
Hank
Just wanted to point out that after being mugged once, the next mugs will not be a loss. Thats why it is a waste to revive someone that was mugged.
Person A mugs Person B and gets 100m
Person C Revives Person B and mugs them and gets 0
Person D mugs Person B and gets 0
Etc. The timer will reset and eventually we will know what the timer is but you are safe from "Team Mugging"
Mentions: Hank [1732212]
Hank [1732212]Also I dont think you should be able to mug people who are actively playing in the casino, eg last action in the casino during the past 5 minutes. Casino's have more security in real life than most institutions including banks so what sort of reputable casino would allow their customers to get mugged whilst they are sitting at a table playing cards?? They should have the same temporary protection that lottery winners have, but for a much smaller period of time, based on last action in the casino.
Hank
Buhahhahahahahhahah....sorry buhahhahahahahhahahhahahahahha
That wouldnt be abused at all, although its just about PC enough to be added. Ched has already given you the chance to play the casino without being mugged for anything, if you cant figure it out then you deserve to be mugged
Mentions: Hank [1732212]
I still think this whole game is being nerfed....who wants to have a tea party atop a unicorn in a field of daisies? I mean this is a CRIME game, scamming should be idolized, mugging should be rampant, crimes should have more effect on this game, factions should beat the crap out of each other.
how many of those things have been nerfed by cheds updates?
Kurt [441286]I still think this whole game is being nerfed....who wants to have a tea party atop a unicorn in a field of daisies? I mean this is a CRIME game, scamming should be idolized, mugging should be rampant, crimes should have more effect on this game, factions should beat the crap out of each other.
how many of those things have been nerfed by cheds updates?
Hey we have flower running, dont be greedy :p
Mentions: Kurt [441286]