173 replies · 3.82k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:174 / 174 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
174
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
GxDawg[894035]
· 19 likes · well f**ker, my favourite bit of the update is the same bit I enjoy from all of the updates, all the threads full of bitching and moaning and pretend ragequits, it makes me smile
Penicillin[1517799]Committee
· 5 likes · You haven't heard? The group attack while you are in jail takes place in the prison shower. Fists and kicks only, except you are allowed soap-on-a-rope as a defensible weapon. Your options at the end of the attack are a …
well f**ker, my favourite bit of the update is the same bit I enjoy from all of the updates, all the threads full of bitching and moaning and pretend ragequits, it makes me smile
Personally I do not like this update but hey ho, not my game to change.
not rip muggin - you just need to mug in teams. And to be fair it is better this way. A new player can possibly make money money now instead of flower running. i mugged my friend for 15m he had 300m on hand -- next 3 mugs were empty wallets but usually that would be a 5 mil mug.
I'll be honest I don't like the layout of the attack screen, too much going on for my liking. As for the actual mechanics of the new attack system and mugging, ima give it a few days testing before I have a proper opinion on it. No need to throw a fit after a couple of attacks...
Personally I do not like this update but hey ho, not my game to change.
not rip muggin - you just need to mug in teams. And to be fair it is better this way. A new player can possibly make money money now instead of flower running. i mugged my friend for 15m he had 300m on hand -- next 3 mugs were empty wallets but usually that would be a 5 mil mug.
Meh, i just dont see what was wrong with the old mug system as you are fairly idiotic if you have large sums of money on hand and being revivable. Meh. Might get used to it xD
"...Defence will reduce damage by 50% if it matches your opponents strength. It will reduce damage by further 10% increments for every doubling of the other users strength...".
If I have 90 def and my opponent 50 strength, still a 50% reduction or like 59%ish?
"...Defence will reduce damage by 50% if it matches your opponents strength. It will reduce damage by further 10% increments for every doubling of the other users strength...".
If I have 90 def and my opponent 50 strength, still a 50% reduction or like 59%ish?
How would it scale if you had less defence than enemy strength? Would it be linear scaling up to 50% based on the percentage difference? (25 def vs 50 str gives 25% damage reduction)
Defence will reduce damage by 50% if it matches your opponents strength. It will reduce damage by further 10% increments for every doubling of the other users strength.
That's not necessarily what the formula suggests. It only gives the damage reduction calculation if defence exceeds strength, but not when it does not meet it. The calculation could be totally different.
I've been playing for a lot longer then a lot of people around here and updates are always needed to make the game better and to eliminate cheap detours that others use around here for their own advantages. I've always said you can't satisfy everyone and that there will be idiots out here who will bitch and complain just because they can. All I can say is "Would you like some cheese with that Whine."
Constructive criticism is always welcome and needed. It helps those running the show make the necessary changes. Is everything perfect? Nope. But ask yourself this.....was it ever? Be objective if you need to be, but do it in a manner that doesn't make you look like a whining two year old being potty trained.