So I have seen someone post this before and it got closed without being resolved. There are many different things I have tried to do in several different browser/ computer configurations.
Safari on iPhone/iPad/Mac (all running most recent versions of their respective OS)
Chrome/ Firefox on Windows 7 PC
Basically what happens is when I click certain things, the loading bar pops up and nothing happens. This has happened to me on the following pages:
Crimes - 2, 3, 8, and 12 nerve crimes when actually picking a sub-crime and attempting to use your nerve
Items - taking xanax, opening drug packs/ boxes of medical supplies
The ONLY way to resolve is if I keep starting from the beginning. In order to do four 12 nerve crimes I have to click crime - GTA - steal a parked car over and over again. Selecting Try Again does absolutely nothing. In the case of items, if I click use or take or open, whatever it is for a specific item, it just has the loading bar and nothing happens. I have to do it several times to get it to work.
These are all good devices running on fast internet speeds with no issues on any other website. I hope this will actually get resolved this time.
Even though you say no other issues on other websites, have you tried clearing your cache on any of these browsers and retrying?
I have tried clearing my cache. Still happens.
quite odd that you have this while others don't.
Is this still happening?
did you really try it out with all these: Safari on iPhone/iPad/Mac, Chrome/ Firefox on Windows 7 PC as you wrote?
does it happen on the same pages for all the different browsers?
have you tried turning off add-ons perhaps?
No add ons. Cleared my cache and it stopped happening in chrome but still in safari and yes I really tried it out in all of those... It is consistently happening with crimes. Inconsistently with other pages mentioned above.
I meant to say that I am unable to check in Firefox on windows 7. That was my work computer and my last day of work was october 31.
I'd say it's almost certainly a client side issue, but a developer can perhaps check!
The same thing happens to me - mostly on iPad - unless I slow down a bit when doing crimes and activating items.
I think it is a timing issue of hooking up click events. I would let those buttons and links be disabled until the actual event is attached.
OP, maybe try to take a breath between each click and see if you have the same experience as I do.
I'm not super fast clicking.... Even if I wait a minute it still does the same thing.
I am having the same issue with Safari, makes iPhone and Mac playing very hard, especially with crimes. I have cleared Cache and reset Safari and I am still getting the issue. The fact that its over two devices suggests that its not a client related issue. I have now just switched to Firefox on my Mac and its fine, so I am assuming its a compatability issue with Torn and Safari.
Its getting to the point where I have stopped playing on my cell and that will eventually lead to me (and others) leaving the game.
Its also an issue with items page as well, but this seems to have improved.
I've also been getting this and I also use OS X and IOS devices. It happens on my MBP, iMac and iPad but not my iPhone. The MBP and iMac have Safari 8.0 on Yosemite, the iPad OS X 8 and the iPhone 7.1.2.
Its got to the point where I no longer play at the weekends, I can't do anything at all - can't take drugs, do crimes or chain as I just get the loading bar.
Its ruining the game for me as well...
This is clearly an issue that needs to be more closely looked at instead of brushed under the rug. I have also stopped playing as much because it's just too frustrating. It seems to me to be an issue with safari. I am going to try playing on Firefox on my macbook today and see if there are any differences.
They aren't interested at all, thats awful :(
Not even a response from staff?
as per request of an admin, can you please add your info and details to this report:
http://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=19&t=15920577&b=0&a=0
thanks!
Mentions:
loading bar (bubbles) not loading (crimes, items etc.)