Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Your suggestions

Started by Hades [1728299] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 609 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I'm very grateful! I have a pretty automated process of scanning through threads to get ideas, and then working on them elsewhere without even thinking about who made the initial suggestion. Perhaps I should try harder?

Suggesting that quotes look different is one thing, but it actually took a lot of effort figuring out how to make it work and lots of challenges to overcome. It's actually only just been fully completed about 4 hours ago with the correct padding and 'Show more' / 'Show post' feature, so I probably would have visited your thread in suggestions and made a post when I'm next there.
Hades [1728299]

Thats totally understandable. I was unaware of the process on how you look at the suggestions with a script or what ever it is you guys use. It makes a lot of sense now. Would be very time consuming to go through all the threads one by one.

Was just curious as to why I was not notified that it was implemented. I was under the impression that players where notified. Though that was a long time ago and from what I have read here i'm pretty behind the times with how things are done.


Thanks for taking the time to post. Really appreciate it.
ReyDuvall [1526820]

Thanks, the whole time I was wondering where Hades got the idea that you were "supposed" to get a DP. I didn't think that was an actual thing. Glad I'm not crazy.
Hades [1728299]

I obviously wrong about the Dps. I could have sworn on the old system people where rewarded if their suggestion gets implemented.
Going back a good few years now. Think i'm getting old and loosing my memory snd starting to imagine things. xD
Its all the one anyway. I was just wondering if we got notified tbh.
Batman [984129]

I received a reward for having a suggestion implemented, was a long time ago but am pretty sure you are right and it was a few DPs. Was easy 3 years ago, maybe more
mug [553318] Committee Committee

new quotes suck. I dont want to quote whole posts everytime, sometimes i only want a sentence from it :/ idk if im just a nub and you can do that but i hate it if you can't.
Az_Critter [477183]

I find the new quoting is far superior to the old way of quoting. However, I agree with partial quotes. This system still needs work. I found myself trying to quote just one line of what someone said, and was unable to. Don't remember how I handled it. There is also still the issue of not being able to quote more than one post. I don't want to post individually for every quote.

I think I'll just go back to pasting quotes partial or otherwise in italics, the old fashioned way, as this seems to be the only way to efficiently quote in these thread layouts...

I appreciate the effort you put into it, Ched. It is a much cleaner layout overall, but still it's inefficient. Sorry I can't give you higher praise for the time you spent working on it.
wallnut [1897375]

hope this is the right
in porker can we have a time out for the start button? please. wood be helpful and sorry if this is the wrong place too post this..