Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging

Started by Maruto [1634194] on in General Discussion.

188 replies · 4.44k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 189 / 189 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Stylin [1474127]

I just did a test with friend.
i gave him 30billion and i mugged to see how much i would get i have 10/10 merits on mugging.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Managed 600m.. thought would get more than that.

i have the highest mug in new attack system for now tho? :P:)

***edit

forgot to mention the finishing hit was a left thigh hit.


Blexi [1458703]

Yeah, Ched implicitly said that the more money you hold, the less money you will mug relatively.
That's a mere 2% mug there :S
mug [553318] Committee Committee

i wonder if 10/10 merits even matters anymore -- I have a friend without them and they mug WAY more than i can manage. Maybe their 10-20m mugs they are finding are actually worth 50m but it just feels odd that im getting out mugged by a non-10/10 upgrader
Bullzeye [922212]

earlier i mugged a friend for fun, didnt know she had anything on her but got like 3.82mil and she only had about 33mil on hand
Batman [984129]

Mugs on high amounts have actually gone down as far as I can tell, the higher you get the more it goes down. Im going to reset my merits and test because I dont feel like mugging merits are doing much either (like someone else mentioned)
Maruto [1634194]

Oh , Stylin , I wouldn 't mind if u send me the 30 Bil. then try again perhaps there was a mistake in ur 1st try^^
KlassikKiller [1699300]

This mugging is just so ridiculous, especially with the 25 E needed to attack now, it's pretty annoying to have to put all my money in my faction, and take out just enough to buy what I need to buy, to avoid losing half of my money to four mugs.
Maruto [1634194]

the 1st 's only big but if someone try to repeat attack , he will get nothing that goes for the time u should spend in hospit. then the next mug percent becomes very low , i found that the longer the interval between mugs , the more gain u can get but still there 's risk of another mugger stepping in between ~~
cogo [1855260]

Ok guys the way i see this is as follows :

Once someone is being mugged then whoever mugs him after the first 3 initial mugs then gets nothing and with that said its only the first person to mug who gets a chunk of the cash.

They made attack to be 25E instead of 50E which i f**king love and thats no lie , with more attacks being made and more mugs than ever before we will shortly run out of targets.

Seriously why is it like 12 hour cooldown before you can get another worthy mug on someone ? This needs to be changed up to maybe 1 hour no more.

The way im trading or playing casino at the moment is i post on the trading post that i am buying dp's and other expensive items and within seconds noobs( high levels) mug me and get 0 to nothing , after a few mugs i am safe and i take money out of bank or i sell points and im good to play for a while and i even had 100+ mill on hand when someone mugged me and got 0 and it didnt happen only once and im sure others have done this too . I want a fair game where mugging is fair to be honest with you 12+ hour cooldown is too god damn much.

My suggestion is bring it down .
GoldenFeel [1523811]

I was mugged more than 40M yesterday.
However, I don't think it is a bad change.
I feel this change will make more players keep alive.

BTW, don't try to mug me.
After the experience of yesterday, I only take no more than 1M with me now. :p
Murd0Maniak [1544514]

Had 5m on me and got mugged for 340k, hosped for 40min in swiss lol i would have payed 500k for not get mugged 40min is like forever in swiss. But this cooltime is too much in my mind also, tho 6h time between the mugs gives you roughtly 25 precent money compared with first mug. Still good money if your target holds lot of cash on hand.
Hermit [997432]

How long would you have to wait? For instance say i mug somebody how long would i need wait before i can mug for max effectiveness again?
KickRocks [1030718]

I think it is 24 hrs. I had a target that I was getting 20 mil off if I waited at least 24 hrs between mugs. Between 12-24 hrs he was yielding 3-4 mil.
Jorn [251329]

I only carry 10-15 mil usually. Yet I'm losing as much as 2 million during mugs. And mugs happen so often , its hard to make any kind of money and keep it. What doesn't help either is that money earned in the bazaar goes into your hands immediately; people can buy some stuff from you and then start mugging a large amount of it back.