Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Armour Question

Started by Boralucifin [1748298] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 1.89k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
Boralucifin [1748298]

I currently only have a Kevlar Trench coat equipped which sucks but its the first armour i bought when i started and haven't bothered to upgrade as of yet.

I'm thinking of buying a whole set of some armour but I'm unsure on what to buy or where to buy it from.

I know the item market is the most convenient way to purchase items but in terms of saving money what would be my best option to buy Flexible Body Armour and the set of armour accessories that compliment it best?

To elaborate - where do I get it from? I cant seem to find a list that tells me what countries to fly too or anything like that.
_Colgate_ [1864828]

You can get Liquid Body Armor from Argentina for $7,500,000. It's half the price of flexible body armor and, if I'm not missing something, just as good. You could also buy combat armor, but I have no clue where people get that.
Boralucifin [1748298]

I know Liquid Body armour is half the price but as somebody who likes his defensive stats I think the minor difference in the two could make all the difference for me defence wise. I'm thinking of it as a long term investment really.



I found that Flex can be bought in Japan. But what about helmets, boots, gloves and pants?
wolvie [1057741]

As far as I know the Combat armour for Helments, Boots, Gloves and Pants is best, and it can be bought in South Aftrica,
Please double check it once before flying out
Tsar_Peter_I [421066]

It's available in South Africa, you are correct. They are also quite expensive, so be sure to take enough cash with you for the full set. They are also available in the item market. For now the combat armor, with the exception of the vest (replace with Flexible or Liquid armor) is the best. Other sets will be introduced in the future with better armor values- which will cost a pretty penny I'm sure.

If you have decent defensive stats the difference between flex and liquid armor isn't as profound as when you have very little defense and need all the help you can get. At least that's been my impression over the years.
Snappy [644425]

I don't think the combat armour set, which is bought in SA, has any effect to defence currently. At the moment it is just for show, and will come in to effect in a future update.

Im pretty sure this is the case, but I stand to be corrected.
bcfcespley [181564]

Let me try and correct you as I know to my knowledge. Right now only the Body Armour has any effect on your defensive stat. Anything else I.e boots, gloves etc do not have any effect and are there purely for show. More Armour sets and bonus' sect will be introduced very soon. (As far as I'm aware) :) Hope this helps.