32 replies · 413 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Level difference isn't too big between us, jail reason may be different though time to self-bust remains the same universal if I remember right, so the only other possible factors are dex and CE unless someone else can provide other factors.
In the past, before respo, I know Dex whores got to 10 NB so that self busting will be cheaper. So I don't think CE helps. I know a friend told me it Dexterity helps a lot. Don't know much more than this. Hope it helps.
busting experience isn't a thing? it's entirely crime experience. but yes, level and time both make self busting more difficult. more dexterity is supposed to make it easier. and i have a theory that certain reasons for being jailed are easier to self bust from. it used to be that it was easier to bust someone who had been caught trying to bust someone else, and i'm not sure, but i think it might still apply.
and there's no real reason that the guard is usually looking. as far as i'm aware, it literally means nothing more than you have to click "try again" a few more times.
"it literally means nothing more than you have to click "try again" a few more times"
So it's an entirely useless outcome with no drawbacks, positive effects, or otherwise interesting writing. Seems pointless to have unless Ched wants to keep you in there for a bit longer before self-busting (and even then there's better ways to go about that).
Yes there are drawbacks, huge amounts of wasted nerve if you fail. Plus since it is a crime to bust someone out of jail, seems to me it'd be considered a crime in game and give you CE for every successful bust. So I agree with Evan....you get CE from busting, and having faction CE ranked in the past, I noticed self busters moving up CE rankings faster than non self busters. So assumed it gave more CE than a regular bust.
Did not mean to rate this post up, meant to thumbs up Evan. which I did already...consider it a freebie Scoot. lol
To the OP, this is a complicated question, and most of us have forgotten all the crap we did to get the ability, or improve it. The reason I usually pass on this topic. I do self bust, but not as much as before. As I don't bust near as often as I use to...got all the merits milked out of busting, and working on the few last remaining ones where safe crimes are available.
You do not get crime experience for self busting, nor does it play a role in your ability to bust yourself.
As far as I know, It's just random if you can self bust or not. There are no other factors involved except for education. If dex plays a role in it, it's maxed out at a very low amount.
I started self busting when I had around 10k dex, and at one point I had the lowest crime experience in the game, even lower than a brand new player, and actually broke my nervebar.