17 replies · 120 views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 2 likes · there are some bits I like and others i dont about respo, the responsive design itself works really really well for the way I use torn, often I have multiple tabs open on the same window, shrunk down to fit …
I was very hesitant before the Respo release but now it's here it's awesome, staff are doing a great job of keeping things fun and I actually look forward to seeing the next update, I've been very surprised by a couple.
I just get the feeling something big is going to go wrong at some point.
I'd go with the new version then,it has shaken things up a bit.I didn't really experience warring under the older systems the early players are so fond of but i don't think the later ones really worked.Hopefully when the new warring system comes out that shakes things up too.
there are some bits I like and others i dont about respo, the responsive design itself works really really well for the way I use torn, often I have multiple tabs open on the same window, shrunk down to fit in different areas of the screen, the way that the site shapes around that is amazingly useful, 0 issues to speak of on desktop
The issues come when I'm on my phone, general gameplay is fine (training/crimes, monotonous stuff...) , but majority of active stuff I do there is impossible to do due to the respo scrollbars that you see on factions/warbases/drop down menus/companies etc, on my phone these just do not work at all... means I'm unable to do anything from my faction armoury, unable to really do anything in my company or select targets in my faction warbase as I just cannot scroll down to access the pages, bloody pisstake if you ask me... that's something I wish was just done away with... what's wrong with just normal scrolling :s
Last night was a prime example of this for me... I was stuck in jail for ages after getting a jail/success PA, high time meant busts/bails weren't really a viable option (was on my phone obviously), but heck figured no big deal... will just use one of the LBCs in my faction armoury... nope... couldn't get to my armoury due to those damn scroll bars xD Had to message my coleader to send me one manually that I could then use... wasn't exactly a time saver there has to be said :/ Being on slow mobile internet too was difficult, the way the pages load just seemed to get stuck... was watching a spinning loading bar for ages on attacking pages until eventually the attack just timed out... twice... wasted 50 energy and just gave up for the night...
Mobile has started lagging a lot recently when using items or doing crimes
That is really my only complaint - Overall Respo has been a big improvement and I'm excited to get it stable so we can bring back things like monthly events.