Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Money Up Front

Started by Ceb [68232] Committee on in Fun & Games.

84 replies · 501 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 85 / 85 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
85
Discussion span
→
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Ceb [68232] ×3 Helfpersky [1869790] ×2 Daisy3 [730750] ×1 OneArmedHermit [1866312] ×1

Ceb [68232] Committee Committee

Hello all!

I think its about time for a nice friendly game of deception and risk taking. This one is called "Money Up Front"

Be sure to read everything and pay attention before participating!

How it works:

Players send any amount of money they want to the last poster.

The player posts of a copy of their sent money and then, on a second line, that person requests an amount of money to receive. Any amount they desire.

The game will continue for a set amount of time until it ends. When it does, I'll send the last player $1m regardless of what their request was.

Details:

For every page where every request is met or exceeded, I'll send $3m to each player on that page regardless of how many posts they have on that page.

Pages that have even one money request that isn't met, will not earn any extra money from me. Police yourselves if you want that money!

Game ends 72 hours from the time this post is made.

To start the game, I'll be posting right after the OP to request $1

I'm budgeting about $300m for winning pages. I don't expect more than 0-1 winning pages...but stranger things have happened.

Extra Rules:

Strangely, this game has a "no lying" rule. That's right. First game from me with that, I believe. If you're caught claiming you sent money to the above poster when you did not, the entire page becomes void and repeat offenses will be reported as flaming and all of that players posts will be DQ'd.

This game is about getting as much as you can from other players. Stay within the rules of TC and don't get butthurt when things inevitably turn out bad for you!

Two players sending money to a poster is a problem players will have to figure out for themselves. Remember, every request has to be met by the post below it in order to earn extra money!!!

No player may have more than 5 posts on any given page or the page is void. Also, no double posting (up to my discretion; I know accidents happen)

Discussion is fine, but every post has to participate in the game. put your discussion below the money sent and money requested lines to make life easier on me and everyone else.


Hints and Tips:

Following the rules and bending them the best you can may help.

The less you request, the more likely it can be met.

4 players can fill a page if they cooperate.

I endorse the exploitation of others. Others may not endorse being exploited though.

Remember, there's a time limit to the game. I probably won't be online to end the game the moment it ends...but I will be watching time stamps.


Example:

Noob1:
You sent $1 to The_Reputed.

I want $100

Noob2:
You sent $100 to Noob1.

I want $1k

and so on, until the game ends.






Good luck and have fun!
Alec [1782664] Wiki Contributor

You sent $33 to jdawg011 with the message: Money up front + TRIPLE what you asked for :)

I want $25
Wulfric [1767972]

You sent $420 to Dracin with the message: And a very good day to you to...

I want $1

[smart way here is to all ask for $1 and send $2]
Henryk_Batuta [1563474]

You sent $10 to great-saiyan with the message: 10 should be enough -.-

I want 2$ :P


---edit---
Im not sure about this post per 5 post rule Oo Would mean Wulfric and me did it wrong -.- xD
Wulfric [1767972]

5 posts per page, no doubles. Seems it is okay.

You sent $1 to b0ti with the message: I'm saving up for a shack, so you will have to get by on this...

I want $42trillion. Or $10 if you prefer. Your choice.

//edit// this page is dead anyway...
Daisy3 [730750]

You sent $12 to b0ti with the message: Rep's game....and so it continues.

I would like $3. please

We continue because the first page is wasted due to greed.......but perhaps we'll do better on the second page. :)
OneArmedHermit [1866312]

You are sending Daisy3 the amount of $3 with the message: Gotta get to the next valid page right?
You sent $3 to Daisy3 with the message: 2nd derp ._. whoops again



I want $2
Ceb [68232] Committee Committee


You sent $1,000,000 to OneArmedHermit with the message: Money Up Front!

I want $1



I am glad to see some participation! still plenty of time and there's enough players involved for something to really happen here! I'd like to clarify that the rule is 5 posts per page though, but the first page did die...doesn't mean you can't bend the rules some...

good luck!