Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

EVL Stock broken?

Started by MoneyBadger [913832] on in Bugs & Issues.

35 replies · 266 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
36
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MoneyBadger [913832]

I have held the EVL benefit block for 189 days and it has literally never paid out. I took the issue to staff a few weeks ago and they told me exactly what to look for, the happy bar boost every few days. I spent two weeks watching my happy bar and still nothing. Also of note, all stocks I have acquired since then have yet to pay out while the ones I had before have all continued operating as normal.

I also have SLAG at 30 days and TCSB at 22 days without payout but that is inconclusive, 189 days on EVL however is cray-cray and I am certain that it hasn't paid out in the last 2-3 weeks and almost certain it never has even once.
RatedR [72498]

i doubt that you are online 24hrs a day? you could receive the happiness boost while asleep and 11minutes its gone. so, for all you know, you could have had 50 boosts, but all while you were inactive/asleep/whatever.
MoneyBadger [913832]

That is not a helpful answer. Doubting whether or not I actually have a problem does very little toward actually solving the problem. Can someone please lift a finger to check logs or something? I did not report this on a whim...
:/

It may well be the case that I have had consistently bad timing, but can you please just check if that is the case rather than immediately dismissing me out of hand? I would appreciate it very much.
CPrinceC [923382] Reporter

payouts from stocks are random so checking logs i don't think would solve the problem you could just be vary unlucky although myself i got out of stocks a long time ago other then passive ones due to there too slow on paying out the stock market has not been fun in a long time ): use to be fun when price was controlled by players in the forms paying 200% or 50% and so on the market price. now the entire stock system is kinda boring to deal in needs to be rebuilt from the ground up i think
MoneyBadger [913832]

Well having spoken to staff about this issue a few weeks ago I was told that the BB should pay out on average each day or two days. I then spent two weeks monitoring my happy bar as closely as I could. After two weeks with no payout I contacted the same staff member again and they referred me to the bug report forum.

I took steps to find out more on my own first however, only coming to bug reports as a last option.

It may be worth noting that I have 15 stock benefits plus two skims, all of the ones I had before EVL paid out in that two weeks and neither of the other two that I bought since EVL did. It lead me to believe that there may be either a hard cap on stock benefits or a bug that occurs when you have so many that prevents new ones from activating.

I am online for a few hours each day. For me to have consistently have missed the payout, especially after two weeks of paying special attention to that one specific payout, is not impossible but fairly unlikely. The two stocks I purchased since will either eliminate the possibility of a "cap" when one pays out, or the longer they go without paying the more likely it seems that something went wrong somewhere(SLAG currently at 33 days, a payout which cant go unnoticed due to the item). I also sold one stock to see if it "made room" for EVL.

Im not looking for compensation here, just answers, and if there actually turns out to be a bug then to help as much as possible. 11mins is a very small window and it could very well be that I just keep missing it, but for that reason I gave SLAG a month before reporting anything.

I probably should have mentioned all of this in my op but at least now maybe we can take it seriously? I will continue to monitor my stocks and update here if there is news.
Oradeanu-OUT [1746357]

Test it like this.

Buy a horses head and put it into an empty box to create a parcel.
Opening a parcel with a horses head will reduce your energy,happy and nerve to 0 so i suggest you use up your energy and nerve before opening the parcel.

You gain 5 happy every 15 mins
You live a private island so ill assume that it has 4500 happy, cant check since im flying.Either way if it isnt upgraded,you will have atleast 2000 happy

from 0 to 4500 happy it would take close to 10 days for your happy to refill naturally,It should be wasy to noticed a random boost of 1000 if EVL pays out

Having my happy cleared by a xanax overdose and letting it regen naturally is how Ive noticed my EVL paying out




Hammerhead [941890]

Or save the cost of a horses head and just move into your shack and wait for your happy to reset to 100 then move back into your PI and watch it regen from 100/2000 or 100/4500
MoneyBadger [913832]
Happy:
145/3700

Day 1

Are there any staff members around that could maybe spare a moment to consider my plight? I would hate to think that a legitimate issue is getting swept under the rug just because it was RatedR who got to it first and closed it without any investigation whatsoever.
MoneyBadger [913832]

Happy:
442/3700

Next update will be tomorrow sometime so I will post his now. If it triggers while im offline the difference should be obvious.
MoneyBadger [913832]
Happy:
1021/3700

still no joy :(

We are getting into the time when it "should" have paid out(2-3 days), but the random nature of stocks could still account for the silence.
JimmyJames [581165]

Whoever told you EVL pays out every two days was wrong. It should be about once a week on average, like most other stocks.

Although SLAG is one of the stocks that pays out monthly. So waiting only a month wouldn't be conclusive.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

It pays out about once a week... You wont see it unless you are online within 15 minutes of the payout since happy resets.
MoneyBadger [913832]

When I initially contacted staff with this issue, roughly 2-3 weeks before I made the bug report, I asked for the specific details with EVLs payout. My assumption was that it had to be working but that I was just missing some information making it seem like it wasn't working.

I was told roughly 2 days on average. It doesnt really matter however as I can keep my happy nerfed for an extended period by moving in and out of my shack.

Also, this happened:


Happy:
1870/3700

I logged on after a few days offline and at first I thought it had triggered, so I was pretty happy to have something to report, however......
considering it has been almost 48 hours since my last update, and an increase of just over 800, I dont think it has triggered. 800 in that 2 day period is fairly consistent with the gains I had been seeing up to this point, as in that is exactly what it should be at at this point in time. The only difference here is I was not online yesterday to post an update.

Getting close to 5 days now since I dumped my happy bar, so no doubt that there have been no payouts.



MoneyBadger [913832]
I just did the maths:

5 happy per 15 gives 20 happy per hour, so 800 and something happy comes to just over 40 hours which is pretty much the amount of time between my last two updates. So we can be certain it hasnt paid out yet. Its interesting that some say its a week on average because if it were 2 days as I had been led to believe then we were getting deep into overtime.

If the payout is actually closer to a week on average then there nothing of note yet.

On a side note, does anyone know the amount it pays out in? I thought it was 1k but that is DVDs so I could be wrong. I've never seen a payout so I dont know personally.