So we attack people and get attacked in torn. Torn is a great role playing game that I have come across. However, in role playing games, it is not only about completing missions or increasing stats, it is also about making new friends. Mostly it is seen that people are interacting with members of faction or just a pep talk to deal a trade. But this is not the essence of real world scenario.
Agreed that we talk to members of our faction the most, but what is the harm in talking to other people as well? All great bonds develop when people meet as strangers and then become friends. Who knows when someone from somewhere may come handy?
friends, we dont need no stinking friends!!!
chat me any time boo
it is a very good place for socializing.
you can actually get ur fear out of not talking to girls...!!
Yeah I made my last girlfriend through torn!
Sad to still see you single mate.
i don't think i've ever really TRIED to make any friends on the site? i don't really see this as a place to socialize. i bullshit in the forums from time to time, but i wouldn't consider any other poster my friend.
Torn is a text-based online RPG set in Torn City, a dark, murky underworld where only the sharpest survive. In Torn City you can be anyone and do anything. Build your character to infinite strengths and play it your way.
Hell yeah! Spread love! <3
Introvert alert dude!
Personally I have found the majority of people on here are very untrustworthy, when I first started playing I was very sociable, constantly mailing people and was a big part of IRC, then I started doing giveaways and that's where it all went wrong, everyone just wanted the money and no one wanted the chat, that's when I became very cynical and now people consider me a troll.
It's best just to keep to yourself, I do have a couple of very good friends that I have met on here though and I do plan on meeting some day.
I do think people would talk to each other more if everyone wasn't considered a troll as soon as they make an angry rant or told to stop being so 'butthurt' when they complain about something going wrong, so the mechanics of the game are fine, it's just the people who play it.
Your last one? Switching teams? Not that there is anything wrong with that
from just playing the game you make in game friends, I don't speak to any of them in real life but it makes playing the game a lot better.
no freinds
I prefer to speak in mail for some things but personal chat window for others. Don't really like having convos in group windows or irc channels. Sometimes, but it's not really my thing. Met some people here who seem cool, which is nice.
Fact is the reason why most people won't/don't talk to low levels who randomly mail them is that it usually leads to "Can I haz ur stuff" and OP you really shouldn't be encouraging low levels to randomly mail people either because that nearly always leads to bounties. If you want to talk to strangers in the hope they will become friends then post on the forums and get to know people that way because I can assure you they don't want you spamming up their mail boxes. As for noobs randomly mailing noobs if I were a noob and the recipient of such a mail I wouldn't take it at face value, this is one of the many ways noob scammers use to find targets. Stick to your faction and the forums until you get a handle on the game, it's not a 100% guarantee that you won't still encounter the undesirable element but it's a hell of a lot safer than the OP's suggestion.
ill be your friend if i can haz stuffs
And yet strangely when I mail you asking for you to give me your "stuff" you cry sexual harassment
And in which part has he encouraged noobs? he didnt give an age range or experience? He meant the people of torn by what the OP said.
No need to jusp the gun and write an essay when you havn't read the subject matter
If he is encouraging everyone then he is also encouraging noobs or are noobs not included in your definition of "People of Torn"?