Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Banking?

Started by MadiBeauchamp [1871396] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 367 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
MadiBeauchamp [1871396]

I currently am investing about 3 mil in the bank. So I understand I cannot touch that until the time is up. Question I have is, what can I do to save the rest of what I have on hand to make sure I don't get mugged? Is there some place else I can store it for safe keeping, or am I stuck with it on hand until my investment time is up?
PatBenatar [420347]

really? 3 bil? Try again and get back to us.


Well since you lost your creditability, try buying out the point market, price is high atm, the point sellers will luv you long time.



My bad I read billion. LOL I am sorry I still have limited vision. I suggest points still. They may go down but it is still the safest way to protect your cash.
KPCSlor [1557404]

If you trust your faction you can store money in the faction bank.

You can deposit any time using the armory, but you will have to have a faction leader or someone with bank permissions send you the cash when you need it.
Wulfric [1767972]
The bank - an obvious place. Making a bank deposit gets the cash out of your wallet and it's not only safe, it earns a little interest. It does have a downside or two that mean it's not perfect, though. First, it ties it up for a fixed period, so you can't access it if that perfect opportunity comes along. Secondly, you can only have a single investment at any one time, so put away any thoughts of revolving investments coming out each afternoon.

The points market - points are a good place to keep your money. They can be very quickly converted when they are needed, there is no fee to list and they have a pretty steady exchange rate to cash. Of course, the market may be slow when you go there which is a nuisance, but nothing is perfect. When you sell points, you can sometimes get a better rate by selling several small packages of 25 points rather than a single package of 250, and you certainly get a quicker uptake.

The auction house - slightly sneaky. When you bid on an item in the auctions, the money is taken from your account and held by the auction house. If you are outbid, it comes back to you as a cashiers cheque, which is fully protected for up to 24 hours. Timing is difficult, as the return depends on somebody else wanting the item, and you may end up winning by mistake, but if you are careful what you bid on you can use this with minimal risk.

Trade it - obviously, with someone you trust. When you put cash into a trade, it comes out of your bankroll. This makes it a safe harbour for both you and the other party - two for the price of one. It's safe from loss while it's in the trade, and the trade won't complete until both players sign off on it, but if the other party cancels, your cash will drop straight back into your pocket. Trades only last for six hours, so you have to be sure you can recover the cash by then otherwise it will end up back in your pocket.
McNeo [864688]

Ghost trading is great. He ^ already explained it so I won't go into detail, but I will emphasize the fact that you need to trust the person, because they will now know how much money you have, and can cancel the trade then mug you. The one thing I would add, though, is that the player needs to have been online in the past 6 hours to start a trade with them, so you may need to pre-arrange it with someone.

Feel free to ghost trade with me. The only time I'm inactive for >6 hours is maybe when I'm sleeping lol.

One other method is placing bets on the bookie. I do this a lot. Find the bet that's the furthest out (usually 2-5 days) and bet all your extra money on it. When you need it back, just edit your bet to 0. Just don't forget about it or you'll end up betting on the game haha. There's been a lot of chatter about this, I suspect this "bookie abuse" loophole may be closed somehow sometime soon.
Henryk_Batuta [1563474]

For short time - as poster above said, keep in safe trade.
And for longer - as Wulfric said, keep in points, this way you can even earn a bit if you buy low and sell higher :)