Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

committee

Started by Robb-Stark [1075937] on in General Discussion.

139 replies · 2.03k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 140 / 140 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Anyone can join the committee, as long as they...

- Show some level of intelligence
- Can control their temper
- Can work with other committee members to come to decisions
- Can make unbiased decisions for the good of the game

We're always looking for new members, but it's hard to find people within the criteria.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

unless they're ex-staff or with connections with "staff" who are connected to clasny, although in your defense that only sums up 2/3rds not everyone
mug [553318] Committee Committee

I got all that but i troll too much. Especially when ched posts.

Just like in the defense rebuff thread i complained about dex not being good enough being a professional dex trainer bitching at how much it sucks when i only have 3m dex in reality :/

Plus if i was committee i'd go around spreading lies :*( god i wish i was committee so bad the opportunities to troll gets me hot and sweaty. #Dreams
WIT_KAT [1641178]

I would request to be part of the commitee but I think my chronic illnesses that tend to stress me would interfere with my game too much to be able to truly be of much use... but I believe I fit all the other criteria... IMHO...

KAT
Majsan [843586]

Never seen members of the committee comment on the new combat system. Are the committee prohibited to talk about their decisions? I mean comment why they voted/vouched for this and that? What they tested? How did they test whatever they tested? Etc etc.

It would also be interesting to see whats been on the committees table and what will be served on that table in the future.

Ps. one committee member only uses the forum when losing his temper. I don´t mind ppl losing their temper, but I find the criteria funny considering whos on the committee. And unbiased decisions, nahh not so much, but that is less funny.
JimmyJames [581165]

When I was on the committee, we were actually told the opposite. That we should post and explain why we came to a decision.

I've found it odd as well that we haven't seen any of that.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

The lack of transparency is what I dislike so much with it :/ Whilst I understand that some things do need to be kept under wraps and the committee is kept as the 'main' vote, I feel like more involvement with the community be it for ideas or input is solely needed (Much like was done with 10 star company ideas, putting that to the public, or currently the votes on defence changes and discussion there).

Otherwise, as we can see, it just makes people wonder what on earth the committee is even there for... other than glorified beta testers or just 'yes men'
PatBenatar [420347]

Problem is there is not enough honest, fair people who play the game, look at the former members that were booted because they used it to advance there game play. Cheats will cheats, jerks will be jerks. Members should have a time limit they can serve so that way new members can be used, this would promote more of a overall sampling of the player base. Any cheaters should be never allowed to serve.
1035358 [1035358]

But lets be honest styx you don't fit in the category of "fair and honest people" either, nor do I but with me it is because I say as I please and get banned for it but I accept that as my lot on Torn whereas you are a sly person who treats people like crap but does it within the "rules". All this "I'm an angle" crap you spout no one is buying. You are a much worse troll than someone like me, at least I am transparent whereas you lie 100% of the time. For some perspective there love if I was made a part of the committee people would bitch but get over it whereas if you were made part of the committee people would actually leave the game myself included
Hank [1732212]

Where exactly are you looking? There is numerous active people on the forums which are honest and unbiased that make post after post which prompts decisions made behind the scenes to get changed... Seems to me as an outsider that committee the picks and chooses who they want to add to the group rather than add people who will create discussion and argue for the bettering of the systems we play with on a daily basis.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]

The game needs unbiased people for the roles. Not saying we got them, and saying we don't, but committee players need to ask themselves can they stand outside their personal wants and needs and see what the game needs... [:sick:]
1035358 [1035358]

In all fairness Sweeney that is not a criteria that is upheld, if it was then committee members wouldn't be getting fedded for shit like abusing knowledge they have before it is released