Are there any mathematicians on Torn?
I guess we can say you qualify as a mathematician if you've taken some form of bachelor in mathematical sciences, or at least taken something like real analysis or group/ring/field theory.
If you have, tell us!
You rang?
2+2=4
Sure.
Just to check on your math-skills: what's special about finitely-generated abelian groups?
I did a math once two.
Infinite is a finite number.
A simple question that tells if you are a real mathematician or not.
What is that , you and I have been studying for years in maths , thinking it is something real , but it is just an imagination of the human mind?
That sounds more like philosophical than mathematical. (Although both are very important for each other)
EDIT: Also to answer the question: I am studying maths in my 4th year at university (master level)
It is somewhat philosophical , but I assure you it has scientific importance
They are completely classified via the fundamental theorem of finitely generated abelian groups. There is more to be said, but if you know this much, then you probably know most of what there is to know.
Here is a related question. What is so special about finite simple groups?
answer: infinity. it is not possible.
I have a bachelor in mathematics
Oh nice :)
Btw on Torn or real world?
real world
Lol :)
All I know is that Pi is overrated and 2.718281828459045... is underrated.
4th year Mech Eng student if that counts (of course it does, I actually use maths for shit and don't just talk about it)
How much math do you want?
3 course in calculus
1 course linear algebra
numerous courses in advanced stat analysis
other science courses heavy in mathematical analysis
Maths itself is an imagination of the human mind.
http://www.kavlifoundation.org/science-spotlights/kavli-origins-of-math#.VLhnly4mHDs
So I am in High school, and I was wondering if anyone knows what
0/0 is