24 replies · 673 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 4 likes · HP was important in the old system too, level holding has generally always been a pretty shit idea. Sure you get the ocasional unexpected defend from a noob, but who cares about that when you get your ass kicked 9/10 …
exp will still gain so for example you can have like 10,000 exp even if you only needed to reach 50 to level up - if by stack you mean if you'll keep the 10,000 once you "upgrade" the answer is yes
there used to be benefits but hp seems more important in this system so level holding is rather bad
HP was important in the old system too, level holding has generally always been a pretty shit idea. Sure you get the ocasional unexpected defend from a noob, but who cares about that when you get your ass kicked 9/10 in much more important fights you'd otherwise win.
The only measurable 'benefit' is that opposing factions gain less respect by attacking lower levels.
But that's heavily outweighed by your deliberately weakened character being unable to beat high level opponents and gain respect back in turn...
Say you are level 50, and hold in the 20s. You rarely get attacked by level 50's in wars and people level 20-30s regularly get the whoop laid down on them. But people catch onto your stunt, and flag you to their faction. They look at the logins, xanax used, attacks won,. highest level, etc. to determine whether you are a good hit. You want to hit someone in the 50's when you are holding and now you have 2500 life vs 5000 with the same stats. So you have handicapped yourself to only be a troll, and attack low levels with obscene stats. Some people like to be big fish in the little pond, but it is not for everyone.
In the old attack system if you are under constant bounties it could a convenience and give you a valuable few minutes that you otherwise wouldn't have but other than that there was no real benefit with the old attack system but with the new attack system there is no benefit at all, life plays to much a role in attacking/defending now that you really can't afford not to be acquiring as much as you can
That's a nice analogy! Metaphor? Clearly not a simile... Anyhoo, it seems to sum everything up pretty clearly. Well, that and I do wonder if you've had lunch, since Sea Lions EAT FISH!
the main perk of level holding is you can say "hey im a level holder" its almost as cool as saying "hey im a retard, i mean restart" the cool factor is everything in torn and the best thing to do in torn is follow whatever the hot trend is to do with your account.
Meh, still works fine for me, worth less respect in wars, waste opponents energy and still pretty much beat most everyone below me in stats regardless of level. Theoretically an entire faction of level holders would have an extreme advantage in any given war. But to each their own.
Brandhout attacked you, and decided to run away but failed [view] 2014/11/20 6:28:16 AM
-natsu- attacked you and lost [view] 2014/11/20 6:07:30 AM
thedude3610 attacked you and lost [view] 2014/11/19 2:47:50 AM
Dad-ov-two attacked you and lost [view] 2014/11/18 5:49:51 PM
Dad-ov-two attacked you and lost [view] 2014/11/17 4:07:48 PM
Someone attacked you and stole $0 [view] 2014/11/17 2:37:56 PM
Someone attacked you and stole $0 [view] 2014/11/17 11:12:07 AM
cronict attacked you and lost [view] 2014/11/17 1:25:38 AM
I think the highest lvl that's attacked me and lost since the new combat system was in the 70s. I really don't see what the big fuss people are making in regards to level holding and how terrible it is, you really don't just get smacked around by higher lvls the same way you didn't before. Level holding has always been underrated but frankly I don't care, it's an advantage I enjoy and more than just the claim of "ohh I'm a lvl holder" that people here are pretending it is.
Also even in wars against top factions you'd be surprised how many opponents waste energy losing to you. It's most certainly worth that and the decreased respect they gain when they do beat me, at least it is to me. I don't care about the "free defends from clueless people," pretty sure I got those merits a long time ago. The war benefits are very real. Frankly I don't think most these guys have a clue what they're talking about. I've seen with my own eyes the benefits of it, if I didn't I wouldn't hold and it's something I've regretted for exactly 0 seconds since I started. If I regretted it I'd simply click level up 50x and the regret would be gone, no issues here.
The second level holding offers less benefits than drawbacks you'll know it because my level will go up. The amount of people that beat me in wars because I'm level holding is no where remotely near the amount that lose because they underestimated me, and that doesn't even take into account the reduced respect gains from beating on a poor lvl 16. In fact the number that beat me purely because of level rather than stats is generally less than 1 per war, it's not hard to tell who they are and people that are that close in stats aren't common.
If you win more xp for beating higher levels, then will holding give an advantage in this respect? Perhaps you could stack the xp and level faster than you otherwise would have, if you'd beat the same opponents without holding.
Life will be increased to 3,217 if i upgrade to 52 lol, i dont see the point for me to do it IMO. A level 60 has what 1k more life? while life has become more important dont think i would see the need to upgrade from here unless im going significantly higher in level. My opinion...