I know this has been asked many times post-respo but what does it do now in RESPO when the whole basis of 'city finds' is changed?
Awareness Merit
Started by Aime [760224] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 14
- Likes on archived posts
- 23
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
I know this has been asked many times post-respo but what does it do now in RESPO when the whole basis of 'city finds' is changed?
Well the current knowledge we have is the following.
People find a lot more items, but they are not worth more. I believe Ched mentioned somewhere that the percentages for finding rare items is still the same, but I can not find the forum post where I read this. I am sorry :/
But what we players notice is that we find a lot more items :)
Edit: I had a week with 10 items with 0/10 Merits. It was around 16 mil worth of findings.
Than another week with only 3 items worth around 2 mil :)
I went for city search after 1month but still found 4 to 6 items
According to Ched Awareness and City Finds are the exact same as before RESPO. Just a different interface to find the items and more items can drop on the map than before.
What awareness merit are you speaking of? The city find medals?
Go to the upper left portion of your page, about 5 lines under your name. You'll see:
Merits: 17 [use]
Click the word [use] then scroll to the middle of the second block of options, you'll see "Awareness - Increases ability to find items "
Click it, anywhere in the line, and now you know about the Awareness Merit!
I was out of it I guess.. I was thinking medal/award, not the spending of merits.
I wish that was true :(
It is true
Well I've saved every find I have ever had and the difference between post/pre respo is drastic
I have 10/10 awareness and the education boost and the highest value item I have found since the update is a FHC which I sold for around 12m.
I have found a lot of items, just nothing of any value whatsoever. I made a thread a while back and a lot of other people who have invested merits are in the same position as me. A few people said that they found high value items and their awareness was only 3 or 4 out of 10.
honestly, the new system is a TON better then the old system where all you had to do was setup an auto clicker and let it go hard for 8 hours while you were sleeping, how shitty is a system like that, lol.
and as far as i have seen it IS the exact same, except i actually have found a ton more items then before, since its not just the city click link that gives you a chance, but every click WITHIN the city as well.
the new system is 10fold better then the old system.
yes it is :S
In a good way? :D
No bad news please [:disappointed:]
in a bad way.
Oh look at these people who want to extrapolate their bad experiences to entire torn community.
Do you guys remember how many players said BEFORE respo that "OMG awareness is useless I find nothing". "I don't have much awareness but I find so many stat enhancers lol" . I am not saying that the city finds is great or not great. Not much has changed since RESPO, in terms of items spawning. Rare items are , well rare. Finding them is luck , which is not always on your side.
I haven't found any wallets of cash after RESPO.
Have found many more low level items.
what is awareness? just find items in a city?
Ahem.