Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Paypal question

Started by madsmith [1619030] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 119 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

madsmith [1619030]

So me and my brother both play Torn but only my brother has a PP account.
Every once in a while my brother visits me and I'm curious can he 'gift' me a subscription when he's visiting me?

Like we're doing with Steam; I select games in to my basket then checkout, choose PayPal as payment and let my brother input his credentials to pay for my games.

In a nutshell, using one PayPal account on two separate accounts.
Steam allows this.

Can we do similar to this with Torn or is this disallowed?
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

So how is your brother so wealthy that you cant get donator yourself? lol


I dont see why it wouldn't work.
madsmith [1619030]

I've never seen a benefit of having my own PP account since brother is one call away and he's more tech savvy anyway, he gets weird satisfaction for doing that for me.

I know it would work, my concern was more from a rule standpoint; is it allowed to use a single PP account to do transactions on two different accounts?
Cartman [1621675]

In this instance I'd say it's better safe than sorry, use your own paypal to donate.

Unless you want you and your brother to go to Federal Jail over a misunderstanding with staff. Though for ultimate clarification on this matter your question would be better posted to Clansdancer [65306].
KangEr [1650173]

You can always use paypal to request payment from your brother or get him to pay you in your paypal account. Either way works, With the fund inside your paypal account, you could just buy the dp yourself.
madsmith [1619030]

Shot a PM to him, he replied with this:

-Clansdancer says:

You can use the same paypal account as long as you both have access to the paypal account - you cannot login to your brothers account and put the details in for him.

Thanks!
I'm more than happy to hear this, I now know what to do and what he said is totally doable.
Thank you all.

Mentions: -Clansdancer [65306]