I guess it's not the most important thing, but when I changed my name, I still have to log in with my old user id, otherwise it doesn't let me log in (under my new name). Can this be rectified?
Logging in Issue
Started by InLine [576003] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 33 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 39 / 100
I guess it's not the most important thing, but when I changed my name, I still have to log in with my old user id, otherwise it doesn't let me log in (under my new name). Can this be rectified?
No the login name is your username, the name change only applies in game, it does not change your log in details.
Ok, thanks.
Maybe put it into suggestions?
I would support the idea of name changes to change your login name too.
It's quite a nice security feature really though, you can have a secure username and password and a friendly in-game name.
As stated above, obviously its an extra security feature, otherwise all thats needed would be a password, you'd already be halfway there.