I love how you just admitted a silver can beat a platinum if the plat player is using 1 hand essentially admitting that it's mostly about APM, strats are pretty much all figured out, basic selections from cheese to late game. Not that it matters plat isn't even that good, need more APM and brain matter.
Anyways User name/number? I think the time for talk has ended.
I searched for Marky, didn't bring up any results.
LOTV has some really interesting changes. The one i'm most excited about is starting at 12 workers instead of 6. Will bring more action faster. The bases are supposed to run out of minerals faster so it encourages action packed gameplay instead of 3 base turtles
The real question is how they're going to handle supply. Is the starting default structure going to offer double supply, or will you start with an extra structure already in play?
Beerstein, I gave you the opportunity to walk away from my thread without making yourself look like a total idiot. I THOUGHT you made a wise decision by taking it, but it appears now you'd like to embarrass yourself. So be it then.
Having your friend 'Ellipsis' add me in order to play is the biggest bitch move ever. It's obviously not you. They're same league as I am and I'd have no problem beating your friend, whoever I just wanted to point out how blatantly bad YOU actually are at the game. Upon searching your friend's game history, I see a series of 9 2v2's with you, Beerstein, in which you won 3 and lost 6, thanks to your horrible game play. Your friend must have been pissed getting beat so bad in SILVER LEAGUE, no wonder he didn't sign in for 2 weeks after. In each of those games, your APM is as follows: 46, 46, 23, 39, 32, 25, 27, 39, 47. That's an average of 36 apm. That basically means you make 1 action every 2 seconds. Bahahahahahaha. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about in every thread on Torn, just get out of my thread and go back to your simpleton dota games where your 36 apm belongs.
xD He was the one telling me to post this stuff so you were essentially talking to him, also we were having fun rattling your dumbass up getting butthurt over every little thing that stepped on what appears to be your entire life, and yeah he'd still like to beat your ass. I haven't played competitive rts's since SC and WC3, frankly I'm too old for that shit. Also yes I did some 2v2s with him so he could get some quick practice in (as he doesn't play anymore cause again it sucks) while I tried my best to sabotage the games (I was trying to get us to bronze, even with my worker rush at 0:00 he managed silver). Even if I were trying your calling out my APM wouldn't bother me as I don't even care about SC2, I think it's a bad game and APM in general means nothing to me. See that's the thing, you're the only one that cares about SC2 anymore.
As for him "not logging in for 2 weeks after" again as mentioned if you read back you'd see he had to reinstall cause he doesn't play anymore. Yeah you were talking to him not me, so again feel free to face him or not. You just can't seem to accept that someone that knows what they're talking about says SC2 sucks because it's your whole life. The numbers speak for themselves, and no I don't mean APM (the only number in your universe), I mean player base and viewership.
As far as me you're pretty far off on the DOTA comments, I play WoT competitively not DOTA, requires even less APM ;) You still seem to think APM=skill though which is absolutely hilarious, but when your entire game revolves around who can click faster it's no big surprise. The level of knowledge required in SC2 is still a joke.
He also says if you were smart you'd realize platinum is bad and shut up. Oh added bonus, if I played a game competitively I wouldn't be stupid enough to think platinum was good either.
I still don't think you'll face him, you were already making excuses before you knew who he was.
Big TLDR you have there Beerstein just loaded with pathetic excuses, what a sad individual you are...
So basically, you come into my thread just to troll me and trash a game that I play a few hours a week as a hobby. You really don't know anything about the game, so your troll-ish opinions mean nothing. There's more complexity to SC2's metagame than practically any other game out there. So much so that the average scrub of a gamer like you can't handle it.
I'm diamond, just like your friend used to be when he actually played. He's not diamond skill level any more, as I noticed he lost his 1s games. HOTS is not WOL. I will easily roll him if he'd actually sign on to play. Your friend hasn't shown his face since you dropped all those games in silver league. I don't game that often however I'm still on the battle.net app for most of every day. I intentionally dropped my MMR down to plat because I hadn't gamed in months. In plat I've gone 48-14. It matches me up against diamond and masters players and i'm still winning (check game history), but yep because it says currently plat that's where my skill level actually is right noob?
Also apm is a measurement of ability and speed. Spammed APM doesn't count for much. I find there's little difference between players that spam APM to 180 and those that don't and float 100. If you can't get over 100 apm you probably suck at the game. Your 36 apm is trash. It shows that you don't have any comprehension of how the game works.
Now go run along and tell your big brother about how the bad man on torn forums wants to beat you up in SC2, and I'll whoop him :D
Ah still thinking APM=skill and still trying to call out my APM when I have never tried to play SC2, lovely. Yes most skilled game ever m0aaar APM lawl. Also you're platinum, deal with it you're in denial, of course I would be too I guess if my life revolved around SC. SC most skilled game evarrr more clicks more skill. lmfao You're fun I'll give you that, when he sees you on he'll play you. SC is still a joke and you can't handle the fact that even skilled players know it. Keep practicing your APM kid, it'll come in handy when you move to South Korea.
I've played enough RTS's in my day to know that SC2 is a simpleton game like all of Blizzards games, don't need APM to tell me that cause frankly I don't care, I prefer games that require a brain. That said when he sees you on he has no issues with playing, you two have at it. At the end of the day you'll still just be playing SC2 and people still wont care. You just scream troll because I disagree with you, that's what keeps me coming back, it's hilarious that you take my opinion personally. You call me out because I chose to not play a game that I think is bad? But then you say my opinion doesn't matter because I don't tryhard in it? lawl. You're amusing kid. You cling to your little platinum rank in a dying game like a kid with a blanket.
Oh my bad, clearly the game is great that's why so few play and watch it.
He's screaming troll because you won't stop appealing to an invisible crowd and appealing to emotion, both of which you generally only have to do if you are losing an argument.
Argument about what, the game is dead and the numbers speak for themselves. There's no real argument other than he thinks my opinions are invalid because I click buttons slower than him, yet my opinions are shared with someone that clicks buttons faster than him. In that regard the argument is moot anyways cause the game is still dead and people that play it (like him) aren't willing to admit and try to work with the current flaws to improve it.
He's just butthurt cause his life revolves around it. It'd be fine if he thought the game was dead because some flaws, but he doesn't as he can't even see the flaws making his disagreements weak at best. So until he finds some valid reason for why the game is dead he's just going to have to deal with it. I for one give 0 craps since I don't play the game other than finding this amusing as hell. Anyways just stuck around due to him getting butthurt over my opinions :)
I could agree with some of Beerstein's opinion and this is from someone who really loves Starcraft. I mean I played SC:BW and SC2 like I had no life at all but still Beerstein is right. As much as it butthurts I am lolol
Custom maps(arcade) are practically dead which contributed to the longevity of SC:BW. Competition are going back like they used to before and i mean KOREAN MAP HAX. Lets be honest guys, people will win in SC2 if they have good mechanics hell the first few days I've played I just massed all the units I can without considering unit composition and all the other stuff and got a decent rank around platinum and that's just my mechanics playing around.
But Still STARCRAFT IS NOT DEAD! There are still competition that has high prizes but not as high as DOTA. New strategies being created and perfected. Though standard play is important creative play is more rewarded. The number of players and viewers of Starcraft might not be as high as before but it still has more player than torn does. And if you claim Starcraft is dead due to the number of player I would argue that torn is a dead game and all the other great games with a decent player base is dead.
Anyhow Starcraft 2 like Starcraft Brood War is still one of the best RTS of its time and it will go beyond that time and will be played by thousands or millions of players to come.
I play 1v1s only so I don't understand the notion of a dead game when I can find a match within a few seconds as I always have been. The daily user count is down for a few reasons, but regardless the launch of LOTV will bring the numbers back to where it was when HOTS dropped. Every game out there peaks and regresses, doesn't mean the game is dead. It's like saying WoW is dead because it's on the decline.
One of the biggest reasons why players quit is because of David Kim's shitty balance team. In both WOL and HOTS zerg has had disgustingly overpowered unit compositions. In WoL it was Brood Lord + Infestor and now it's Swarm Host. SH makes for the longest, most boring games where zerg usually wins with 30 apm. It's a game where whoever attacks first always loses. It's so boring to watch, and is immensely frustrating to play against. Instead of fixing the unit, David Kim's balance team has stated it will be nerfed badly in LOTV.
Beerstein your boyfriend hasn't logged in for about a month, he never showed up to defend your insubstantial trollish opinions.
Woah! Easy there pal. I never said Starcraft is dead I merely said I agree to SOME of HIS OPINION and I'm not defending anyone in here!
:P But to be honest I really think that the Arcade should be more alive today rather than a Zombie it is now. I mean in WC3 and BW there are so much custom maps that created new games inside a game. Which is awesum! It practically created tower defense and MOBA through Aeon of Strife practically STARCRAFT IS THE PRECURSOR TO GAMES LIKE DOTA 2 AND THE EVOLUTION OF REAL PROFESSIONAL COMPETITIVE GAMING.
To be honest blizzard screwed over the whole Starcraft scene and its community to be honest not just with the balance. :/ They essentially killed Broodwar in Korea by making OGN and MBC do stuff about it. Blizzard essentially forced the transition rather than having a smoother transition over it which caused all the BW vs SC2 useless threads in Team Liquid.
That's why so many Broodwar fans hates SC2 because Blizzard basically threw the middle finger in the community that still is thriving. Though I'm not one of them. I love both games and I love "e-Sport" or Competitive gaming.
Anyhow Blizzard/Activision really just gained a lot of hate in the Starcraft community. And all I'll say is they deserve it. Blizzard was not the same company as it was ten years ago.
To be honest I play both games in my free times if I have them. And I suck nowadays but I still play both games and I both love them and I believe they have their own strength and weaknesses. Its like comparing Table Tennis and Lawn Tennis both play extremely different and have varying difficulties and a very different playing field.
Anyhow I feel like all your going to make sense in this reply are SC2 is Dead and SC2 vs Broodwar. O_O And thats why people stay away from our community. And to be honest this is what brought up the separation and conflict of the Starcraft community that continuous today. SC2 people and Broodwar people are die hard enough fans to dismiss the opinions of casual players and even the opinions of those playing any form of Starcraft.
I think what you're talking about with BW/SC2 is only a thing in Korea, there's not really a scene for it in NA/europe. I don't really follow the Korean scene, though I enjoy watching a few stream.
Just beat a 7x master league terran in a 33 min macro game :D