20 replies · 644 views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
JimmyJames[581165]
· 6 likes · I don't see how it's ever worth it to stop training altogether. And it's not double your stat for 10% increase. It's a 10% increase for every multiple of your opponent's stat. Say you have 1bil and your opponent has …
mug[553318]Committee
· 2 likes · train today. territory war for life. that's when you should quit training. Territory warring.
With the changes to the way your stats work now at what point do you say its not worth it anymore to spend the money on drugs,rehab,cans and fhcs and even SEs ?
Now that you have to double your stats to see an improvement of only 10% when do you quit training as hard as you can?
For me I am leaning towards it being in the 1 to 1.25 bill range just going off how long and how much it has cost me personally to get where I am right now. I'll still keep training but I won't keep buying or using all the extra stuff and I foresee a lot more attacking just for fun :D
I always thought I would stop because of running out of money to pay for rehab but now I just don't know if it is worth the time investment for such a small over all gain.
I don't see how it's ever worth it to stop training altogether.
And it's not double your stat for 10% increase. It's a 10% increase for every multiple of your opponent's stat. Say you have 1bil and your opponent has 200mil, you only need 200mil for a further 10% against them.
No matter what, If your stats are higher than your opponents, you should win the fight. I except that other thing have an effect such as drug effects, passive bonus through education, merits and you Life. I know these all play a factor too. It all depends what is most important to you. For me right now I want to get to a point where by most people can not beat. If I stick something of value in the items market or points market I will not get mugged the moment they buy it.
If you are pumping many $millions of play money into stats everyday and you have done ever since you have been playing you have to see if you are beating the people you attack as easily as you want to if you arent keep pumping those stats.
If you are beating the people you attack easily most of the time maybe it is time to stop spending your play money on stats and spend it on something else.
I have about 1.1 billion stats, that isnt enough i think. Using epi i can level out hard fights in my favour a bit but its still not enough.
I agree Kyle. The benefits of using Xanax have fallen lately. Hard to tell just how much at the moment. But for me it's been pretty bad. I will have used 1000 Xanax soon. I may stop after that. I will certainly HAVE to slow down as going to Rehab is riskier then ever if you can't be logged on the moment you get there. Which for me can be the case on weekdays because of work.
The minus 35% on all your stats on xanax has always been there. Ched has just recently decided to tidy up the game a bit and let us know about that.
You just have to stop taking xanax and be rehabbed for your stats to work properly and your stats will be far greater than a similar player who doesnt take xanax.
When you are warring or want to attack a player you are struggling to beat just rehab and stop taking xanax until you have attacked the player you want to attack.
The point for me is now, as soon as i realized how stats work now in 2.0. People i used to beat easily I still beat but not with out taking damage. I have 3b+ stats and used to be able to make hit after hit in chains, now unless i drop to just hitting lower levels, 4 or 5 hits and i'm needing more HP. I'm thinking my best plan should now be to use my energy to attack to gain as many levels as i can vs. building stats. To me gaining 100HP is more important that gaining another 100m stats.
I never said stop training all together I meant pumping the extras into training like xanax,cans,FHC and SE.
And you are thinking too small I am not worried about someone I already have 5 times their stat but the ones closer to my total. Like if they have 1 bill to 1.5 bill then you need to double that for the 10% increase.
I guess if I had your money and could afford 31.5 bill for SEs I might consider it but for a 10% gain I don't think it is.
You also have to look at the time span it takes to gain the extra bill of a stat.
Also once you hit the 1 bill plus range of a stat thanks to temp boosters there is very few payers you can't beat or come close to beating.
If u can afford xanax and rehab then why would u stop taking drugs unless ur drug free?? Nothing hasn't really changed, agreed, u should all stop using FHCs n cans that way the prices will go down for me :o
i worked out that a player with stats around 1.5 billion can beat me at 3 billion so if i boost now im getting 10 million per s/e used thats just a waste id need one stat at 5 billion to make s/e worth while now so i can pump up the stats
thats just how i think if you can afford them use them when ever
I'm afraid that's not how 'doubling your opponents stats give further 10% increase' works. While it's no longer 'doubling' which gives 10%, but rather 1.7x.
If we take the example of opponent with 100m strength and you have 500m def (same ratio as your example), then by the table in the link you get 80% damage reduction. With 600m, you get 83% which is a lot less than 10% more reduction.