I'm so with you on this! I don't have time for the other stuff, but xmas/hallow towns allowed me to participate in the holiday events and I enjoyed the map searching, etc too. What they did for Halloween was just too much RL rather than in-game, and too time consuming for the "employed".
There were also the Halloween competitions that were run during the week leading up to Halloween as well, a combination of those types of things can assist if we arent going to get cheap cans (which really should be a strip club imo) Live Nude girls tonight at Cheap CANS!
I'll be honest I'd like Christmas town back this year, not because of the money to be made or anything just because the map threads had everyone working together. Like last year on Christmas day people were coming on to use their 250 steps and telling others where to find the boots or the chests but this year on Christmas day all you will log on to is "RESPO SUCKS" threads. I know to do it would be a big strain on the Devs so I understand that it probably won't be there but I don't think they get what a difference it made to peoples attitudes for just that one week
it would be cool if you could go somewhere in the city and all be level 1 all on basic stats 25 of each stat no weapons just fists and fight it out winners or each battle get a small prize